Hisense TVs are among the most excellent choices if you want to experience crisp visuals, vibrant colors, and dark blacks without spending a fortune.
However, there comes a time when you either lose your remote or can’t recall where you put it last time. So, how can you operate your smart TV without a remote?
Thankfully, the new Hisense smart TVs also feature an Android operating system. As a result, we can control our TV using our Android smartphones precisely like we would a remote. Moreover, some other methods can help you control your Hisense TV.
This article will let you manage your Hisense TV without a remote, whether you’ve misplaced it or want to do it quickly.
|What to do?||Explanation (Add more content to this table)|
|Use the buttons on the Hisense TV.||This is the simplest alternative if you don’t have a remote control.|
|Use the Android TV remote app for Hisense TVs.||Install and use the Android TV remote app to control your Hisense TV.|
|Use the Roku app.||You can use the Roku app as a remote control for your Hisense TV through you phone.|
|Use Google Assistant to Control Hisense Smart TV||Use Google Assistant commands to change channels, increase volume, power your TV on etc.|
4 Methods to Use Hisense TV Without Remote
Alternatives to a remote are necessary for using a Hisense TV for various reasons.
For instance, you might be waiting for a replacement remote because your one is broken, you lost it, or the batteries are dead.
With that said, here are the different methods you can follow to use your Hisense TV without a remote.
1. Use the Buttons on the Hisense TV.
Almost all Hisense TVs contain buttons for power, volume, channel, and configuration adjustments. These buttons can be pressed at any time to operate a Hisense TV without a remote. The simplest way to use these TVs is in this way.
New Hisense TVs do differ in a few ways, though. Except for the Power button, the most recent versions contain fewer buttons. Therefore, your only option is to switch on the TV by pressing the button. This is referred to as the manual approach.
On a Hisense TV, where is the power button, though? In several models, Hisense placed the power button directly in the center of the TV’s bottom edge, according to the user manual on the company’s website.
Some of the models include sensors in place of physical buttons. Finding the power button may become more difficult as a result of this. The power button should be close to the Hisense logo, ideally right below.
Here’s a video to visually show you its power button location:
2. Use the Android TV Remote App for Hisense TVs.
Newer Hisense smart TVs ship pre-installed with Google’s Android operating system.
You can still use your Hisense Android TV even if you misplaced the remote control.
In cases like these, the Android Remote TV app is quite helpful.
Here’s how you can use it:
- The PlayStore and the App Store both have the Android TV app. Open the app and agree to the terms of service.
- Look for the Hisense Smart TV in the app.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi networks used by your TV and mobile device are the same.
- Connect to the TV and pair your mobile device with the code.
- Finally, use the Android TV remote app to turn on your Hisense smart TV immediately.
This method is also simple when using the Hisense smart TV without a remote. As an additional option, you can type text on the TV using the app’s keyboard. The app also includes a touchpad that can be used as a mouse to move around your TV.
3. Use the Roku App
With the Roku OS pre-installed, Hisense TVs provide an excellent feature. You can easily control your TV using the Roku app on your smartphone if this feature is enabled on the TV.
Here’s how to complete the process:
- You must first search for the Roku App in Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the app and search for your HiSense smart TV on the available devices.
- Ensure that your smartphone and TV are linked to the same network. Click on your television to connect the devices once you’ve located them in the list.
- Then you can press the power button to turn on the TV as soon as the devices are connected. From that point on, all the options you require for TV control are available.
You can rapidly switch channels, change volume, and browse various settings. In other words, you now have a second remote.
4. Use Google Assistant to Control Hisense Smart TV
These days, many smartphones have Google Assistant, a well-liked voice assistant service from Google. Even the most recent Hisense TVs have the feature built, and you can use it to operate your TV.
Let’s look at how to use Google Assistant to control your Hisense TV:
- Get the Google Home app for your iOS or Android phone.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi networks used by your smartphone and Hisense TV are the same.
- Your TV is listed on the app if it includes the Google Assistant capability.
- To link your TV to the Google Home app, tap on it.
- Once connected, the Google Home app should allow you to control your TV.
Google Assistant can even be used to operate a TV, in addition. You can speak specific commands to your phone, such as “OK Google, turn the TV off” or “OK Google, increase/decrease the volume.”
You can also use the Google Home app’s on-screen controls to change the volume or pause the streaming content. These controls are similar to those on your smart device’s volume slider.
How to Find the Original Remote Control for Your Hisense Smart TV?
There are a few ways to locate the original remote if you’ve lost the one that came with your HiSense smart TV. The user handbook for the television should be the first place to look. This is typically found behind the television or in a drawer close to the device.
You can also look online at the HiSense website if you can’t find the handbook. Additionally, you need to find the model number of your particular TV after finding the manual or webpage. You should be able to find the perfect remote control you require using this information.
A universal remote control that works with your HiSense smart TV is an additional choice. Most electronics stores sell universal remote controls that can operate with most well-known TV brands. However, you must know the model number of your TV before buying a universal remote to get the right kind of remote.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can a Hisense TV Be Power-Cycled?
Answer: Reset the Smart TV. To do this, press the ‘EXIT’ key on your remote and hold it for at least 15 seconds. After 15 seconds, the Hisense TV factory service menu will appear. Click ‘OK’ and turn off the TV.
Q2. Do Hisense Roku TVs Have Buttons?
Answer: The Roku TVs made by TCL and Hisense each come with a slightly altered Roku remote that can operate the entire TV. The volume controls, mute button, and back button are all present on the remote.
What is RemoteNOW?
Answer: The RemoteNOW software from Hisense turns your smartphone into an extra remote control for your Hisense TV, providing maximum connectivity and convenience. The RemoteNOW App makes all Hisense Series S8, Q8, P, and R TVs compatible.
- There you have it! A comprehensive article explains all the available ways to control your Hisense Smart TV without a remote.
- Remember that you don’t have to stick with one of these strategies. you can test them all out and find a mix you like.
- A Universal Hisense TV Remote, which works with all Hisense Smart TV models, is an option if you need a replacement Hisense TV remote.