Wyze Labs created the Wyze Bulb to provide you an economical Smart WiFi light bulb. The Wyze Smart Bulb is quite functional and as a number of features to make it a competitive Smart Bulb in the Smart Home market. I am currently using them in a few lamps and in the Garage. Please note that links provided may provide proceeds to Automate Your Life on eligible purchases.
- Wyze Bulbs
What is the Wyze Bulb?
Wyze Labs created the Wyze Bulb to compete in the smart home business. The Wyze Bulb is an 800 lumen (dimmable) WiFi Smart Bulb. The Wyze Bulb has a temperature range of 2700K to 6500K – so you can get the soft white to the cool-bright white lights. The Wyze Bulb uses 9.5W making the equivalent to a 60W bulb. I use them in my Garage for their brightness. The Smart Bulbs gives me the right brightness in the Garage. It’s important to note that the Wyze Smart Bulb only works on 2.4 GHz.
What does the Wyze Bulb do?
There are a ton of things you can do with the Wyze Bulb. Here are just a few features:
- Turning the lights on remotely: Once you integrate the Wyze Bulb into the Wyze App, you can use the Wyze App to turn the lights on and off remotely. You can also integrate the Wyze Bulbs with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa; giving you voice control to turn on your lights.
- Schedules: You can set up timers and schedules to automatically turn on or turn off your lights. Timers, Schedules, and Vacation Modes!
- Triggers: You can also make the Wyze Bulb respond to triggers with other Wyze products such as the Wyze Cam or Wyze Sense. The lights can turn on based on Motion Detection on the Wyze Cam or Wyze Sense, or respond to the Wyze Contact Sensors. So whenever you enter your house or room, the lights could turn on based on motion or by detecting people – A really good security feature.
Wyze Bulb: What I like about it
- The different settings throughout the Wyze App. You can turn the lights on and off based on routines or triggers. For a Smart Bulb, these are really intuitive to set up with the Wyze App.
- You can group the lights within the App to set up a whole room.
- The Wyze Bulb price is $8 (USD). That’s about right for a WiFi Smart Bulb.
- Integrates well with other smart home products in the Wyze family like the Wyze Cam and Wyze Sense.
- Wide range of color temperature. From soft to bright and cool.
Wyze Bulb: What I don’t like about it
- Connecting the Wyze Bulb can take up to 150 seconds. You have to connect each bulb separately, so the time adds up.
- The WiFi connection can drop off. Why do they drop off the WiFi connection? Low WiFi will result in disconnections.
- The WiFi has to be 802.11b/g/n mode in order to work. If you don’t have a router that can do this… you are out of luck.
- These bulbs need to be in an open environment; they cannot be enclosed.
The Wyze Smart Bulb is an economical alternative to the Smart Bulb. It has been on the market for quite some time and is still the competitive Smart Bulb on the market. If you’re looking for a Smart Bulb for your lamps, you should consider getting the Wyze Smart Bulb.
- Wyze Bulbs
You can also read about our comparison between the Wyze Bulb and the Teckin Smart Bulb here: