Wyze camera is efficient market-available security equipment. Like other smart cameras, the Wyze has many capabilities, including two-way audio, remote control, night vision, motion, and sound detection.
However, the Wyze camera could occasionally give you problems, just like other gadgets. You can encounter an “Error Code 90” when using the Wyze app to access your camera, and no matter what you try, it won’t go away.
But don’t panic. The Wyze error code 90 is a common issue many people have encountered and successfully fixed.
The table shows an overview of the content I’ll be discussing in this article:
|1. Power Cycle the Camera||Simply restart your camera|
|2. Check the Internet Connection||Faulty or unstable internet connection|
|3. Re-Pair The Wyze Camera On The Wyze App||Unpair your camera and then pair it again|
|4. Re-Install The Wyze Cam Phone App||Delete the Wyze cam app and install it again|
|5. Check Wi-Fi Router Settings||Weak signal strength, object blocking, and Wi-Fi interference|
|6. Flash The Firmware||Roll back to an older firmware|
|7. Remove SD Card From The Camera||Re-install the SD card or buy a new one|
|8. Contact Wyze Support||Get in touch with the Wyze support team|
This article will walk you through the process and give you the necessary information to resolve the Wyze error code 90 problem.
So let’s get started.
What is the Wyze Error Code 90?
The error code 90 means the camera is offline and unable to communicate with the streaming servers.
You have a variety of alternatives for resolving this issue, including power cycling the device, testing your internet connection, and even flashing new firmware. We’ll teach you how to perform each of these in the following sections.
How to Fix Wyze Error Code 90?
As we previously stated, poor internet access is frequently the cause of error code 90. However, it can also be brought on by a MicroSD card or a camera that isn’t compatible with the smartphone.
The eight ways to fix Wyze error code 90 are listed below.
1. Power Cycle The Camera (Reboot)
Start with the most straightforward solutions, then try those challenging ones. Restart the device if an error number appears, and your Wyze cam won’t connect to your smartphone.
Many electronics can be fixed by power cycling, which is a tried and effective technique. A device’s internal components are rebooted after being unplugged from all power sources.
This gets rid of any potential issues that might have caused the issues causing error code 90. Additionally, this cleans up any internal charge that had obstructed hardware internal parts.
To power cycle your Wyze camera, follow the steps below:
- Get the Wyze camera and unplug it from the power supply.
- Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect it.
- Reconnect the plug to the power supply after that.
- Lastly, check for the error if it persists.
2. Check The Internet Connection
Wyze Camera Error Code 90 can also be caused when your smartphone is linked to an unstable internet connection.
Here’s a list of things you should go through to fix the error:
- If the distance exceeds 60 feet, move the camera closer to the router or access point.
- Your internet connection is malfunctioning if the error disappears.
- To reset your router, simply turn it off, wait two minutes, and then turn it back on.
- You can re-connect your smartphone to the Wyze camera using its app.
- Another troubleshooting tip is to look at the camera’s back LED lights; if the internet connection is functioning correctly, they should be solid blue or flashing.
- If the LED is blue and shining, indicating that the server connection was successful, the camera has been installed correctly.
- You should be able to see the camera’s live image using the Wyze mobile app.
- Check if the “Wyze error code 90” problem has been resolved.
To expand your Wi-Fi connection over a greater distance, you can also purchase a Wi-Fi Extender. However, if the issue continues, try to reset your router again.
Tip: Wyze cameras won’t function on public networks like hotel Wi-Fi or enterprise Wi-Fi because those networks have their sign-in portals that demand separate authentication.
3. Re-Pair The Wyze Camera On The Wyze App
Sometimes a simple unpair and pair can fix any network connectivity problems.
To disconnect the Wyze camera from the Wyze App, follow these steps.
- Launch the Wyze app.
- Click the pencil icon on the app’s home page.
- Then click Edit Devices.
- To unpair, a Wyze camera, select the red icon next to it.
- Choose Done.
This will unpair the selected Wyze camera from the Wyze app. After the unpair, simply pair the Wyze camera to the Wyze app.
- Launch the Wyze app.
- Click on the plus icon on the app’s home page.
- Click Add Device.
- Choose the Camera option, then carry out the on-screen steps.
Once done, the live image will start appearing on the screen. However, proceed to the following step if the Wyze camera error code 90 continues.
4. Re-Install The Wyze Cam Phone App
Apps occasionally crash and become corrupted. Hence, a fresh installation of the Wyze Cam can be a good choice.
- First, restart your device after removing the Wyze Cam app.
- Install the Wyze Cam app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Disable your VPN if you are using one to avoid problems.
- Set your app from the ground up with the Wyze Camera.
Since Wyze is constantly trying to fix issues with its connections that affect Wyze devices, these problems are frequently fixed in a later version of the Wyze app.
5. Check Wi-Fi Router Settings
Wyze camera requires a reliable internet connection. Otherwise, it occasionally issues problem messages, such as Wyze error code 90.
I have looked into the issue and identified the most frequent issues routers experience with this camera:
Check the Wi-Fi Signal Strength
If your Wyze camera is far from the Wi-Fi network, the internet signal can be weak or fail to reach it.
A further indication of a weak Wi-Fi signal is that the camera might occasionally turn on and off. To fix the issue, move the camera closer to the router.
Objects Block Wi-Fi Internet Signal
Put your router in an appropriate place rather than hiding it behind your smart TV, a door, or a wall.
The signal may be weakened or blocked by these obstructions. Bring the camera closer once the connection is stable.
Wi-Fi Signal Interference Is Present
Using a 2.4 GHz router is one of the Wyze Cam’s systems requirements. Wyze error code 90 may result if your router does not match the requirement.
Here’s how to modify the channel bandwidth on your router:
- Use any browser to navigate your router’s IP Address Settings page.
- On your router, enter the password and the username “admin.”
- Go to Channel Bandwidth after entering the router’s settings.
- Save the modifications after selecting “2.4 GHz.”
- After restarting your router, open the Wyze Cam app and establish a connection.
- Hopefully, this time, the error code will be fixed.
6. Flash the Firmware
Typically, you want to have your camera’s firmware updated. However, new firmware can occasionally have issues. You’ll then need to roll back the firmware on each camera manually.
To flash an older firmware onto your Wyze Camera, follow these steps.
- FAT32 formatting for a microSD card is recommended.
- Use an SD card adapter to connect the microSD card to a laptop.
- From Wyze’s support page, download the firmware of your choice.
- Simply download the most recent version if you’re unsure.
- Give the firmware file the name demo.bin.
- You must rename the firmware file demo wcv3.bin if you use a Wyze v3 camera.
- Copy the demo.bin file to the microSD card, to the microSD card,
- Start the Wyze camera.
- Until the lights become purple, push and hold the reset/select button for a long time.
- To start the flashing process, let go of the button and leave it inactive for three to five minutes.
7. Remove SD Card From the Camera
Another reason for the Wyze error code 90 is a corrupted SD card or one that was improperly placed into the camera.
- First, remove the SD Card from the Wyze Cam.
- Verify whether the SD Card is completely functional or damaged.
- Next, properly re-insert the card.
- Now link the camera to the app.
- Verify to see if Wyze error code 90 is still present.
Purchasing a new card is ideal if you’re sure your current one is corrupted. The best option when purchasing SD cards is to choose one from a reputable manufacturer. This will ensure that the card won’t malfunction and result in errors.
8. Contact Wyze Support
If you’ve tried all the suggested fixes but can still not fix error number 90, just get in touch with the Wyze cam team via their website. They will then provide the required assistance.
Your support ticket will receive a response from a staff member as soon as possible. You should be able to get the help you need to resolve problem number 90 and bring your cam back online after someone has been assigned to the case.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Wyze camera Error Code 90 affect Cam Plus users?
Wyze cameras Error Code 90 is a communication error problem that affects all users, not just Cam Plus subscribers.
How Can I Update the Firmware on My Wyze?
In the Wyze app, select Account, scroll down and select Firmware Update. Everything should be in order if it’s up to date. Otherwise, press it to get the most recent firmware if it needs one.
Can Wyze cameras be used offline?
Although Wyze cameras can technically operate without an internet connection, an internet connection is required during the initial pairing procedure.
Can WYZE operate at 5GHz?
Wyze operates at 2.4 GHz at the moment.
- Wyze cameras are an ideal choice for a lot of homes. However, they do have their issues.
- You can resolve the majority of camera issues at home.
- You can fix yours by doing quick troubleshoots like upgrading the application, reinstalling the app, and checking your internet connection to ensure it’s steady.
- But occasionally, you might not have enough time. The procedure could take a long time if you have several cameras.
- There’s a good chance that the problem will be solved if you follow the steps mentioned above.