The most notable change in the Wyze family has happened yesterday. The New Wyze Cam v3 went from a mini square to a smaller mini-rounded square. Wyze has been using its market data to figure out which features would best fit your home. Let’s take a look at the new features!
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Wyze Cam v3 Features
1080p Color Night Viewing
Wyze has improved its night vision (infrared) with color night viewing. Wyze has integrated real-time conversion of light into a larger spectrum of color. In other words, they have bought into a better CMOS sensor and called it the Starlight Sensor. The Starlight Sensor brings clear night vision by filtering out all the noise and low-light in the image. The larger aperture size in the new camera will also help brighten up the image in the dark.
This will definitely improve the value of the camera. I imagine this will help most home owners in low light areas surrounding their home.
Wyze Cam v3 is Weather Resistant IP65
Wyze has made the Wyze Cam v3 IP65 weather and dust resistant. So, I guess this means that the Wyze Cam v3 will replace the Wyze Cam Outdoor? In any case, the IP65 weather and dust resistance just made the Wyze Cam v3 more versatile. The temperature rating is -4F (-20C) to 113F (40C) is also an added bonus, but we’ll see whether this camera can really take the -20C with some wind chill. Brrr. Can’t wait to try it out.
Cloud and Local Storage
The Wyze Cam v3 will provide free 14-day cloud storage. You can also add a microSD card for extra storage (I recommend), or you can subscribe to Wyze’s Cam Plus subscription.
Wyze Cam v3 will allow 3rd party mounting options which allo you to screw or nail the Wyze Cam v3 to a wall or post. Wyze still provides its magnetic base and 3M adhesive as well.
Ok, this is new: A Mini Siren in the new Wyze Cam v3. Probably based on motion during scheduled times, the mini siren can be used to deter people or animals who approach the camera.
Wyze Cam Upgrades
- Faster Processor: The Wyze Cam V3 has also been upgraded with a faster processor to render images and video streams faster and clearer
- Frames Per Second (FPS): Wyze gives you video playback at 20 FPS claiming smoother video playback.
- Field of View: The camera now sees up to 130 degrees field-of-vision (FOV).
Other Wyze Cam v3 Features including Motion Detection
The Wyze Cam v3 will also come with most of the detection features of the Wyze Cam v2:
- Free Cloud Storage for 12-second motion and sound events. The videos are stored in the cloud for 14 days. No fee.
- Motion and Sound Detection
- Motion Detection Zones: You can set up a box or boundary condition for your image. If anything crosses that boundary box, you will be notified.
- 24/7 Continuous Recording: 32 GB storage (not included) will provide up to 3 days of continuous storage.
- Time Lapse: People have been having fun creating their own time-lapse videos with the Wyze Cam v2. Film the sky or record a building project and watch it go super fast.
- Smoke & CO2 alerts: If the Smoke Alarm or CO2 alarm goes off, Wyze can detect the high-pitch noise and alert you (you have to activate the setting).
The Wyze Cam v3 is here
The Wyze Cam V3 has maintained the low sticker price of $19.99 US (US) and will be available on November 20, 2020. It’s currently ready for pre-order at Wyze.com. The Wyze Cam V3 can also be fitted with accessories like a Wyze spotlight kit, or Wyze outdoor adapter. Looking forward to trying out the color night-vision. The new, faster, and slimmer looking Wyze could fit in places you never thought of having a smart cam. Cold, rainy, dusty, or dark; It looks like the Wyze Cam v3 is going to make another splash in the Smart Cam market.
Image Credit: Wyze