Tile and Google Assistant are working together to help you find your things. Competitors such as Amazon and Apple have hinted they are finding ways to track lost items as well.
Tile has been finding ways to integrate themselves into certain devices. They announced in 2018 that Skullcandy Venue headphones will have Tile built-in to their device. Tile also released that they are working with Sennheiser’s new MOMENTUM series headphones today (September 6, 2019).
What is Tile?
Tile is a tracking device that uses Bluetooth to determine where your lost item is. Tile works in three ways:
– You can see the last known wherabouts on a map.
– Make your Tile ring.
– Notify when the item is found via the Tile Community.
What products does Tile work with?
Tile is currently working or collaborating with:
– Sennheiser MOMENTUM headphones
– Skullcandy Venue headphones
– Herschel backpacks (limited).
– Samsonite, Propeller Health, Boosted, Starling, Herschel, Away
– Kenneth Cole
– Blunt Umbrellas
– Ricardo Beverly Hills
– Propeller Health
Will Tile work with Google Assistant?
Tile is collaborating with Google Assistant.
– Source: Tile, (GLOBENEWSIRE) September 6, 2019
How does Tile work?
There are three conditions for Tile to work:
1) Bluetooth must be enabled
2) Tile app to run in foreground and background
3) Location Services (Apple) or Location Permissions (Android) must be toggled on.
Does Tile need Wifi to work?
Tile does not need Wifi to work. It uses BLE, and the cellular/mobile network to connect to the Tile app community (other Tile users) to find your lost item.
Do I Need Tile Premium service?
For an added cost, Tile Premium offers:
– Smart Alerts (i.e. notification that you left the home without your tagged item).
– Free battery replacement (for Mate 2018 and Pro 2018 only)
– Location history (up to 30 days).
– Share Tile tracking with as many people as you like.
– Extended Warranty to three (3) years.
– Access to Premium Care team.
Once the collaboration is completed, you should be able to use Google Assistant voice commands to find your Tile enabled products in the home, business or community.
Please join our community to share your questions or experiences with Tile at:
In the meantime, Don’t Hate. Automate.