The SwitchBot Ultrasonic Smart Humidifier (W0801800) has been keeping my children’s room comfortable for the past couple of weeks. I have been keeping an eye on how it functions. Over the past couple of years, our family has gone through a number of humidifiers. Some have not lasted a year, and some are good at filling the room with mist, but require constant cleaning. I am going to go through the review of the SwitchBot WiFi Smart Ultrasonic Humidifier to see if this humidifier is the right one for you!
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Items you will need to Setup your Switchbot Smart Humidifier:
SwitchBot Ultrasonic Humidifier
The SwitchBot Ultrasonic Humidifier is a smart Wi-Fi Humidifier. You will need 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi in the home to control with your SwitchBot Hub Plus or SwitchBot Hub Mini, however, you don’t really need a hub run the device. It’s is better to have the hub, the humidifier to Google Assistant, Alexa, or IFTTT.
The Switchbot Smart Humidifier is a clear grey cylindrical tank device with a white base. The device can be manually turned on via a touch (not button) sensor on the front. Just place your finger on the front; you can continue touching the sensor until you get the desired mist setting. No need to press! Just touch.
It sits approximately 30 cm tall, and 18 cm in diameter. The SwitchBot Smart Humidifier has a 3.5L tank capacity and can output around 200 mL of mist per hour. The SwitchBot Humidifier is really quiet (less than 30dB)
You can also add essential oils to the Scent Pad in the back of the humidifier to apply the scent that you want. I did not try that out (my nose can’t take some scents), but I’m sure for somet that could provide some enhanced comfort in the room.
The Switchbot Smart Humidifier uses a filter that takes out the minerals in the water. Once the water is demineralized, the water then goes through an Ultrasonic process to take out more impurities in the water prior to being released as mist in the atmosphere. I’ll talk about the impact of having clean water in your device.
The SwitchBot Smart Humidifier can run on 120V to 240V power and uses 24W of power. The device can be controlled through the SwitchBot App. You don’t need the hub, however, you will need to be close enough with your Smart Device with the app to control the setting on the device. If you do connect to a SwitchBot Hub Plus or SwitchBot Hub Mini, you will be able to integrate the SwitchBot Smart Humidifier to Alexa, Google, or IFTTT.
The SwitchBot Smart Humidifier can run with a number of configurations through the SwitchBot App:
- It can run on Auto. Just set the Humidity level to what, and the SwitchBot will turn on or off based on the level of humidity. You can also integrate with Google, Alexa, and IFTTT with a SwitchBot Meter and change the humidity as well.
- Speed Humidity: You can change the mist output to High, Medium, Low or Auto.
- You can also set a delay timer to turn on later in the day or in the middle of the night.
- Schedule: You can request the Humidifier to turn on/off at any time of the week, with different output settings of High, Medium, Low or Automatic.
What I like about the SwitchBot Smart Humidifier
- It’s Design: Switchbot has made this device to look really simple and pleasing to the eyes. The water tank is light-weight and is really easy to fill.
- Smart: The SwitchBot Smart Humidifier has a ton of different settings via the SwitchBot App. You can pretty much make this Smart Humidifier run in any way you want… and that ‘s what you want in a Smart Device. Easy ways to configure comfort settings in the home.
- Did I say design? It keeps the water clean. I think this is the first humidifier that I’ve seen that has a carbon filter built into it! The design is really simple and gives you peace of mind. I have noticed a difference in cleaning because the water does not scale as much. I mean this humidifier has a carbon filter and provides Ultrasonic cleaning!
What I don’t like about the SwitchBot Smart Humidifier
- It’s important to note that the SwitchBot Humidifier tank is easy to hold and makes it simple to fill the water under a tap. I think if I was going to help design the SwitchBot Humidifier, I would add some indented handles or a collapsible handle on the top. But this is not actually a dislike: This Smart Humidifier is really well designed and makes me want to help it… that’s a good product right there.
- Its also really light. I can see how an adult or child could break this humidifier if not held properly. The plastic is really light-weight, which is an advantage in design, however, I can see this one breaking in a year without supervision.
- Needs Longer cable: Humidifiers usually are placed in the most inconvenient locations, because we want them either perched on a table or shelf higher up in the room to keep away from children. I think SwitchBot could add another 2 feet to the cable.
The SwitchBot Wi-Fi Smart Humidifier
Compared to most humidifiers, SwitchBot is providing a ton of value. The SwitchBot Smart Humidifier has a well-designed water filter that sits snug at the bottom. The tank capacity is large, and you can barely hear the humidifier running! It’s so quiet. There are so many features (like lights, sounds, alarms).
SwitchBot designed a really easy to use Ultrasonic Humidifier, and it’s smart, responds well, and can just be left without any supervision. It will turn on/off by itself if set up properly. I think I would buy a few to have in each room. I’m really happy with the SwitchBot Smart Humidifier. It’s just a well designed, Humidifier. Ok, just buy the SwitchBot Humidifier. They made one so you don’t have to buy from any other.
I hope you can get your hands on a SwitchBot Smart Humidifier. In the meantime. Don’t Hate. Automate.
In the meantime, if you would like to see the Unboxing of the SwitchBot Humidifier, you can watch our Tutorial Video here:
Items you will need to setup your Switchbot Smart Humidifier: