Suppose you’ve ever had your Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor not work or respond to the motion. In that case, it’s most likely that the batteries are dying or dead. Don’t throw out the SmartThings Motion Sensor. The SmartThings Motion Sensor is one of the best Smart Motions Sensors for your home. We’re going to show you how to replace the batteries.
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Other than the battery, the SmartThings Motion Sensor can last you for a long time. So, don’t throw out the SmartThings Motion Sensor. Watch the video.
How to Replace your SmartThings Motion Sensor Battery
- The first thing we’re going to do is turn the SmartThings Motions Sensor over and open it.
- You will notice at the top of the back that there is an ‘Open’ marking. Slide this in the direction of the triangle arrow.
- Put your thumbs on each side and slide it open. The SmartThings Motion Sensor battery may come out with the magnet backing. This is normal.
- You will find a CR2 3V Lithium-Ion Battery. You will need to source another one from your local hardware store, electronics store, or the links below. The CR2 3V Lithium-Ion Battery is usually found in cameras, GPS monitors, and other motion sensors. These batteries can easily be confused with CR123 batteries, which are slightly bigger than the CR2.
- Replace the battery and then put the cover back on, noticing the tabs and the holes. It should only slide in one way.
SmartThings Motion Sensor
https://geni.us/SmartThingsMotion (Amazon Affiliate)
Energizer CR2 3V – Ten Pack
https://geni.us/Energizer_CR2_10pack (Amazon Affiliate)
Pansonic CR2 3V – 4-Pack
https://geni.us/Panasonic_CR2_3V (Amazon Affiliate)