You can use Action Blocks to send your special loved one an SMS text at a touch of a button on your android mobile phone or tablet using Action Blocks. I have been playing around with Google’s Action Blocks. I got to the ‘Send text message’ option. Why not have a quick and easy way on your tablet or smartphone to send a message to your Special Loved One. I’ll show you how to do it.
Google Action Blocks: Send SMS Text
In my example, I’m going to send a text message to my wife to let her know that I love her. It’s a good reminder during the day when she’s busy saving the world. I can do this without actually asking Google Assistant to do it, or typing it in. I just need to set up the Action Block.
- Open your Google Play Store App on your phone or tablet.
- Search for “Action Blocks” or “Google Action Blocks”. You will see the Action Blocks icon. Go the Action Blocks App store page.
- Install the Action Blocks App. Once installed, you will see the home screen for Action Blocks.
- Touch the “+ Create Action Block”
- You will see a bunch of options for Google Action Blocks on the screen. Remember, In this example, we are trying to send a text message to your Special Loved One. I’m going to send a text message that says “I Love You” to my wife.
- Press the “Send Text Message” button.
- You will see a default line in the Action Block: “Send a text message to Julia that says please pick me up now”. I’m going to change this to send a love note to my wife.
- Delete and type over the command to Google Assistant: “Send a text message to my wife that says I love you.”
- NOTE: If you have not told Google Assistant or used a relationship note in your contacts what your Wife’s name is, it’s not going to turn out well for you. Otherwise, just use the full name of the person you want to send a text message to.
- You can then Test this action right below the line. I suggest you do it. Sometimes asking Google Assistant to text could result in other things like…
- Sending a text message to another person that has a similar name or a name that sounds like the person you are trying to text.
- Sending it to the wrong “wife”. Yes, it could happen.
- Once you’ve got the text message command tested, you can then edit the Name of the Block you have just created. It requests up to 4 words for the Block button. I named the Action Block button: “I love you”.
- Yeah, now you can send an automatic message to your special loved one, at any time of the day with just a touch of a button!
What do you think? Convenient eh?