New Smart Home Products, Features, and News!
Ready for all the latest news from the smart home industry? Brian will walk through a ton of new products from Philips Hue, some items from the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event including the new Galaxy Home Mini, a Wyze Door Lock, some items from Sengled, and a ton of HomeKit based news in your smart home.
Philips Hue: Outdoor Lights, Philips Hue Sync Box, Local Control
Outdoor, Low Voltage non-complex installation. Check out the new lights here that will be released soon:
- Appear: Sharp beams of up-down light
- Attract: Unique glass fixture provides arc light
- Resonate: Sharp, clean triangles of light
- Daylo: Outdoor ring of light
- Nyro: Downward light for subtle effects
- In the meantime, you can check out our Amazon Affiliate link for Philips Hue Lights here. Please note that links on this page may make money for AYL on eligible sales: https://amzn.to/2SCPzVI
- You can also see Outdoor Lighting from Philips on their website here.
I think when you look at these lights, it the types you wished you always had, but could never get them because they were part of a lavish custom design. However, Philips has now put these lights in the marketplace.
Yeelight Going Local
Yeelight is one of the first vendors to have local Google SDK capability. So now, your Yeelights can respond much faster. Brian tested this out, and it looks like with the new feature the Yeelights can respond as fast as some Zigbee lights. You can find more Yeelight products here: https://amzn.to/2VeQo95
Wyze Lock February 2020
I hope the Wyze Lock will be available as they say on their site: February 2020… In any case, you can subscribe to get notified of release here: https://bit.ly/2P47rXa
RoomMe: New Features
Intellithings has a ton of Home Automation potential contained in the RoomMe Personal Location Sensor. They have now upgraded their system with new features to work with wearables such as the Samsung Tizen 4.0 Smart Watch. They have also released a feature to tell you where someone is with smart home assistant voice commands. You can find the RoomMe here: https://amzn.to/2P4h7ky
Eero, Eero Pro WiFi Router integration into Apple HomeKit
It looks like the Eero series of WiFi routers will now respond to Apple HomeKit. It’s one of the first WiFi routers to integrate with Apple HomeKit.
Aqara and HomeKit
Aqara has announced a whole suite of devices to work with Apple Homekit now. This should really improve the Smart Home in most places with 220V connections. The new T1 series includes (nothing official, but likely):
- Temperature and Humidity Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- Door and Window Contact
- Light Detection Sensor
- Vibration Sensor
- Smoke Detector
- Water Leak Sensor
- 220V Air Conditioning Controller
- G2H Door Locks
- Curtain Controller/Roller Shade Controller
Stay tuned for the release of the new Aqara Homekit stuff! Here is a great link to check out for that Aqara stuff: Homekit News & Reviews
- Please Subscribe to Take The Frustration Out Of Automation: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtRSKEipM17PF7n0mi66btQ?sub_confirmation=1
- Join our Patreon Group to get direct access to Brian (and for even deeper content): https://ift.tt/2XdGT7c
- We also have recommended smart home products for every situation (affiliate link, where we make money from eligible sales): https://amzn.to/39FJWf0
- Are you unsure about putting a smart speaker or a smart display in your home? Read our short e-book here: https://ift.tt/2LGBn9t
- Automate Your Life Merchandise: https://ift.tt/2nsarSk
Thanks for Watching and Reading. Remember: Don’t Hate, Automate.