Hubitat has rolled out some new updates to the C-5 Hubitat Elevation Hub. Hubitat Elevation Platform update 2.2.3 is now ready to give Model C-5 Hubitat Elevation users more control over products like Inovelli, Fibaro, Ring, Samotech, and Heiman.
They have also updated the Alexa Echo Skill App for garage doors and fan controllers. Hubitat has released the new C-7 Hubitat Elevation as well.
Please note that there are special steps to update the C-7 with firmware 2.2.3. Read below. There are so many more updates. Please take a look down below. I’ve taken the information from the email updated from Hubitat.
Hubitat Elevation Platform update 2.2.3 is now available!
Everything below from Hubitat Firmware Update Email:
“Please note, the process takes about a minute to download (depending on your Internet connection) and extract the hub update, and 1-2 minutes to perform the update after you click ‘Update Hub’. We recommend that you periodically download a backup of your setup from the Settings page, Backup and Restore.”
Changes from 2.2.2:
Drivers and Devices
- New Drivers:
- Fibaro Smart Implant
- HomeSeer Fan Controller FC200+
- Inovelli Fan/Light Switch LZW-36
- Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor
- Ring Alarm Hardwired Retrofit Kit (C-7 Required)
- Generic Component Drivers
- Generic Component Fan Control
- Generic Component Humidity Sensor
- Generic Component Voltage Sensor
- New Compatible Devices
- EVA LOGIK Outdoor Plug (ZW96) using EVA LOGIK Smart Plug
- Samotech MS104Z using Generic Zigbee Switch
- Heiman Z-Wave smoke detector using Generic Z-Wave smoke detector.
- New Driver Features
- Inovelli Multi-White Bulb (LZW-41): Performance updates when using firmware version 2.27+.
- Added firmware version report to Alfred Lock driver
New App Features
- Amazon Echo Skill App
- Added support for garage door controllers.
- Added support for fan controllers.
- Added support for shade controllers.
- Rule-4.0: Allows selection of format for %time% and %now% (one option per rule).
- Fixed a bug in the Aeotec water sensor 6 drivers that were preventing the saving of configurations when the device was on battery.
- Fixed multiple drivers’ incorrect formatting of firmware version numbers.
- Button Controller 3.1: Fixed bug with Adjust Dimmer
- Generic Z-Wave Smoke/CO Detector: Change event value from test to test.
- Zooz Double Switch: Remove extra logging.
- Rule 4.0: Fixed multiple device trigger bugs.
- August Pro Lock: Add C7/S2 support.
- Fixed multiple driver compatibility issues with S2/S0.
- Leviton VRSC4 Z-Wave Controller: Fix Null error with child dimmers on startup
- Fix groovy.lang.MissingMethodException for SupervisionGet on Zooz drivers.
- C-7: Fixed Z-Wave repair behavior with sleepy devices.
- C-7: Fixed Z-Wave inclusion issues.
- C-7: Fixed occasional repair lock-up.
- Performance and stability enhancements.
- C-7: Added update mechanism for Z-Wave radio firmware.
- C-7: Updated Z-Wave settings page to include node routes/speed and highest security grant.
- Add universal Z-Wave security encapsulation commands, automatically detects correct security encapsulation requirements of none, S0, S2_UNAUTHENTICATED, S2_AUTHENTICATED, or S2_ACCESS_CONTROL. ([example](https://github.com/hubitat/HubitatPublic/blob/master/examples/drivers/genericZWaveCentralSceneDimmer.groovy))
- String zwaveSecureEncap(String cmd)
- String zwaveSecureEncap(hubitat.zwave.Command cmd)
- Change Zigbee EZSP_CONFIG_PAN_ID_CONFLICT_REPORT_THRESHOLD from 1 to 10
C-7 hubs are receiving major Z-Wave updates with this release and require some user intervention to complete the process.
Part 1 of the update will happen automatically during startup. There may be an automatic reboot during the first startup on 2.2.3.
Part 2 requires user intervention. Under settings and Z-Wave details you will see a new button “Firmware Update”. This will start the radio firmware update.
Please note that the firmware update takes roughly 10 minutes to complete. Let this process complete fully before attempting to do anything.
Once this is complete it is recommended to go through and remove any failed nodes from previous inclusion issues.
If you want to know if Z-Wave is compatible with Lutron Caseta, I have written about it in this article!
Is Hubitat reliable?
If you’re concerned about security, which we all are, Hubitat stores all your information locally.
That said, your data is as secure as your login credentials and the risk of cloud-based service hacking is very minimal.
Pros & Cons of Hubitat
|data is safe||weak documentation|
|easy to set-up||separate hardware required|
Can Hubitat work without internet?
If we’re talking about Hubitat Elevation, yes, it’s going to work without the internet!
Hubitat Elevation is a powerful device that can control Z-Wave and Zigbee devices without a network or internet connection. However, you’re going to need an internet connection to set it up and interact from the hub with other devices.
If you’re thinking of using multiple hubs, this video explains! Watch it.
How long does Hubitat update take?
Hubitat update may take between 3 to 40 minutes. It will say 100% complete when the device is done updating.
Be sure to follow the steps!
With the Hubitat 2.2.3 update, you can enjoy more features and new controls. The update won’t take long. All you have to do is follow the steps and ensure that it’s fully done!