[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
The YoLink Smart Leak Detection System is not just one device but 6. In this article, I am going to show you how to set up your own YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
The YoLink Smart Leak Detection System includes a YoLink Contact Sensor, YoLink Gas/Water Valve Controller, 2 Water Leak Sensors, a YoLink Hub, a Smart Garage Door Kit 2, and the YoLink Siren Alarm.
Let’s look at setting up the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Watch the video!
Read this article on how to set up the YoLink Water Leak Sensor and Water Leak Sensor 2.
YoLink Temperature and Humidity Setup
- the YoLink Hub
- YoLink App on your mobile device
- WiFi connection or direct ethernet connection to the YoLink Hub
Setup YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor
These are the steps on how to set up the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor:
- Download the YoLink Smart App from Google Play or the Apple App Store. Create your own credentials with email and password.
- Open The YoLink App on your mobile device with your new YoLink login credentials.
- On the top of the YoLink App home screen, press the Scan QR code icon beside the bell. It should look like a square with a horizontal line through it.
- Scan the QR Code on the back of the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
- Rename the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor to whatever name you desire.
- Bind Device: This is YoLink’s way to assign your YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor to the YoLink Hub. Pres “Bind Device”
- Turn over the Temperature and Humidity Sensor and find the ‘Set’ button. Hold down the Set button.
Change YoLink Temperature and Humidity Setpoints
You can create Temperature and Humidity setpoints for your sensor. All you have to do is go into the YoLink app and select the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
- Go to the YoLink App homepage
- Select the YoLink Temperature and Humidity device.
- Press the 3 dots (ellipsis) icon on the top right of the device page.
- You should see the ‘Details’ section of your YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Find the ‘Alert’ section. Tap the Alert section.
- On the ‘T&H Sensor Alert’ page, you will find the alert slide tools to arrange your min and max temperature and humidity settings. Slide the min and max arrows to the appropriate temperature and humidity for your living space
How do you calibrate a temperature and humidity sensor?
Using a reference sensor that has already been calibrated is the easiest way to calibrate the temperature of a humidity sensor.
Here are other ways to do it!
- Use ice water to calibrate the temperature.
- Try the salt method to calibrate relative humidity.
- Use a hygrometer calibration kit.
How does temperature and humidity sensor work?
Humidity sensor works by detecting changes in temperature in the air.
The basic types of humidity sensors are capacitive, resistive, and thermal. These can monitor even just a minute change in the atmosphere and can calculate humidity in the air.
The capacitive humidity sensor can measure relative humidity by placing a thin strip of metal oxide between two electrodes. Additionally, resistive humidity sensors use ions in salt to measure the electrical impedance of atoms. While thermal sensors conduct electricity based on the humidity of the surrounding air.
The table below features the pros and cons of a capacitive humidity sensor. Check it out!
The YoLink Temperature and Humidity is perfect for any living space condition. It ranges from -22C to +158C living conditions. I mean, that could even work on the farm.
They run on LoRa technology, so you could actually use them between long distances (1/4 mile) from your YoLink Hub.
Both the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor and YoLink Hub are priced extremely well in the Smart Home marketplace.