The YoLink Smart Leak Detection System is not just one device but 6. We are going to show you how to set up your own YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor. However, The YoLink Smart Leak Detection System includes a YoLink Contact Sensor, YoLink Gas/Water Valve Controller, 2 Water Leak Sensors, a YoLink Hub, Smart Garage Door Kit 2, and the YoLink Siren Alarm. We’re going to show you how to set up your own Smart Home Leak Detection system with the YoLink Smart devices in a number of Automate Your Life Resource content. First, let’s look at setting up the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
YoLink Temperature and Humidity Setup
The first thing you’ll need is:
- the YoLink Hub,
- YoLink App on your mobile device,
- WiFi connection or direct ethernet connection to the YoLink Hub
Automate Your Life Tutorials is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Setup YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Download the YoLink Smart App from Google Play or the Apple App Store. Create your own credentials with email and password.
- Open The YoLink App on your mobile device with your new YoLink login credentials.
- On the top of the YoLink App home screen, press the Scan QR code icon beside the bell. It should look like a square with a horizontal line through it.
- Scan the QR Code on the back of the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
- Rename the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor to whatever name you desire.
- Bind Device: This is YoLink’s way to assign your YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor to the YoLink Hub. Pres “Bind Device”
- Turn over the Temperature and Humidity Sensor and find the ‘Set’ button. Hold down the Set button.
Change YoLink Temperature and Humidity Setpoints
You can create Temperature and Humidity setpoints for your sensor. You will need to go into the YoLink app and select the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor:
- Go to the YoLink App homepage
- Select the YoLink Temperature and Humidity device.
- Press the 3 dots (ellipsis) icon on the top right of the device page.
- You should see the ‘Details’ section of your YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Find the ‘Alert’ section. Tap the Alert section.
- On the ‘T&H Sensor Alert’ page you will find the alert slide tools to arrange your min and max temperature and humidity settings. Slide the min and max arrows to the appropriate temperature and humidity for your living space.
YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor Setup
The YoLink Temperature and Humidity is perfect for any living space condition. It ranges from -22C to +158C living conditions. I mean, that could even work on the farm. They run on LoRa technology, so you could actually use them between long distances (1/4 mile) from your YoLink Hub. Both the YoLink Temperature and Humidity Sensor and YoLink Hub are priced extremely well in the Smart Home marketplace.