One of the most difficult tasks, especially at home, is moving gym equipment. It’s a real pain to deal with all the weights, pulley systems, and complicated technology.
When you have to deal with expensive fitness equipment like the Peloton bike, things get even worse. These stationary bikes aren’t only difficult to move but moving them also requires extreme care.
Keep reading more to know how to move a peloton bike in the following helpful hints.
How to remove the Touch Screen from a Peloton Bike?
Follow these steps to remove the touch screen and pedals:
- First, press and hold the power button until the prompt appears on the screen.
- Unplug the bike’s power cable and turn off the bike’s power.
- Now, remove the touch screen’s monitor cable by opening the plastic clip on the back.
- Disconnect any audio or Ethernet cables that may be present.
- Take off the touch screen’s back panel.
- The mounting plate and screws are simple to access.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the mounting screws, and make sure the touch screen is securely held by someone nearby.
- Place the touchscreen in a secure location after removing it.
- Locate the new touchscreen and remove the back panel now.
- Make sure to hold the touchscreen in place after aligning it with a monitor mount.
- Using a head screwdriver, attach the mounting screws. Connect the other cables and the monitor cable now.
- Return the back panel to the touchscreen and close the cable clip.
- Finally, connect the power cable and turn on the bike.
How to Remove Weight Holders from a Peloton Bike?
|Step 1||On a peloton bike, you need a 3mm Allen wrench to remove and replace the weight holders.|
|Step 2||Remove the weight holder by unscrewing the screws that are holding it to the peloton bike.|
|Step 3||Now add the new holder and align it using the seat slider’s identical holes.|
|Step 4||When installing the new weight holder, never use old screws, and always use the new screws that come with the weight holder.|
|Step 5||Moving a peloton bike from one location to another.|
|Step 6||Peloton bikes have two front wheels to make moving easier.|
|Step 7||Keep in mind that the Peloton bike’s touch screen is the most delicate component, so you must remove it at the beginning to avoid damage.|
|Step 8||While moving the Peloton bike, grab the stabilizers with both hands, and then lift the back to tile it onto the front wheels.|
How to Use Moving Straps to Move a Peloton Bike?
Step 1: Straps
You can distribute the weight of your Peloton bike between two people by purchasing moving straps or moving harnesses, which consist of a long strap that stretches between the harnesses and is flexible enough to do so.
Step 2: Request Assistance
Request assistance before moving your Peloton bike from a relative or friend. It’s a good idea to have someone who can assist you in moving your exercise bike if you want to avoid injuries.
A Peloton bike is too heavy to move on your own because it weighs approximately 135 pounds (61 kilograms).
Step 3: Position
By removing the adjusting rods and lowering the tablet and seat to the lowest possible level on the bike, lower the handlebars and seat to their lowest positions.
Under the seat, with the front of the bike in view, and under the handlebars, also with the front of the bike in view, are the adjusting rods.
If you keep your weights in the back of your Peloton bike, remove them and transport them separately.
Step 4: Wrap
Wrap your Peloton bike in bubble wrap, blankets, or towels. Wrap the tablet, pedals, seat assembly, and flywheel in bubble wrap or towels.
To help protect the bike from scratches, tape or bungee cords can be used to attach these towels.
Step 5: Put on the Harness
Before putting on the harness, raise it above your head and make sure the “X” part is on your back and the connecting buckle is in the front.
One strap should go over each arm, and one strap should go under each arm.
Step 6: Put Straps on the Bike
Have your friend take one side of the bike and you the other. Attach the straps by standing on either side of the bike, then connect the long lifting strap to your harness’s front buckle.
Pull it above the buckle and weave it through the bottom back part of the buckle before weaving it through the top front part of the buckle from the top.
The end of the strap should be pointing down toward you. Adjust the strap so that you can feel the tension in your shoulders while standing.
Step 7: Lift
Lift the Peloton bike by straightening your arms and lifting it. To balance the spin bike, slowly get up while lifting it with you. Make sure that you keep your arms straight out in front of you.
Communicate with your partner, and if one of you needs a break, slowly lower down with your legs if you both need it.
Step 8: Move
Move to where the exercise bike is located by moving slowly and carefully. Make sure to take breaks whenever you need to.
By tilting the bike on its side, remove the bike from the moving straps and the shoulder straps.
You can also check out the following video to understand how to move a Peloton:
What is the peloton’s weight?
Exercise bikes called pelotons are quite heavy. Depending on the model, they can weigh anywhere from 135 to 140 pounds.
Up to 40 pounds can be carried by the flywheel alone. The footprint of a peloton is 4 feet by 2 feet. That is a respectable weight per foot.
Is it simple to transport a peloton?
Although transporting a peloton isn’t particularly challenging, you will need the assistance of at least one other person. The most difficult steps are taking it apart, carrying it, and loading it into your car.
I would suggest lowering the seat and the handlebars to their lowest settings and making sure that all of the adjustment levers are as tight as they can be before moving your bike.
- Moving your Peloton bike, even just from one room to another, can be difficult, so it’s important to know what to do and have all the tools you need.
- Before moving your peloton bike, carefully remove any parts that need to be removed with tools and wrap them securely.
- Whether you’re moving it within the same room, to another room, downstairs or upstairs, or even away when moving, follow the steps we have outlined above and ask a friend or family member to assist you.