Streaming podcasts, music, and videos while on the road is incredibly easy with Apple’s popular AirPods. Nevertheless, like your other little wireless devices, they are prone to get lost.
Thankfully, you can use the Find My app from Apple. The software makes it easier to discover your AirPods by locating them on a map and making them emit a helpful chirp.
You can use iCloud.com or the Find My app on an Apple device to locate your AirPods. Your AirPods’ most recent or current location will be shown in the Find My app.
You can also have the AirPods earbuds, which produce a helpful chirping sound via the Find My app if they are charged and close to a Bluetooth-enabled Apple device.
|What is Find My App?||It’s an app developed by Apple for mobile devices to track the position of their devices while they are in use.|
|How to find a missing AirPod with the Find My App?||You can easily find your AirPod with the Find My app if your device is still powered on and within your mobile’s Bluetooth range.|
|How to set up FindMy for AirPods?||Go to Settings> Your name> Find My> Find My AirPods> enable Find My.|
|How to replace one AirPod without purchasing a new set?||If you lose one or both of your AirPods, you can buy a new set (or an AirPods charger) from Apple’s website. A single earpiece for the standard AirPods and the AirPods Pro costs between $70 and $90, respectively.|
|What circumstances make the Find My App unsuitable?||If your AirPod is dead when you lose it.|
If your phone’s Bluetooth was switched off before you lost an AirPod.
If FindMy App is not set up.
What is Find My App?
Apple developed the Find My app for mobile devices to track the location of their devices when they are being used.
This app has its roots in the renowned Find My iPhone and Find My Mac apps, both of which were introduced in 2010.
With the help of this software, you can quickly find your lost device on a map or instantly play a sound to help you find it.
You may also remotely access your device through the iCloud website to find your lost AirPods, lock it, show a message, or completely wipe its contents.
This program is certainly useful because it serves as a one-stop shop for everything regarding losing your Apple iPhone.
How to find a missing AirPod with the Find My App?
The moment you realize your AirPods are lost, you should launch the FindMy App.
You should be able to find it if it still has any battery life.
This is how:
- Open the Find My application on your PC or iPhone (there is both an app for Mac and a desktop version)
- Select “Devices”
- In the list of devices that appears, locate your AirPods and tap them.
- Your AirPods will appear on a map and have the “Play Sound” option if they are still within Bluetooth range. Select that button. (By clicking on the left or right AirPod, you can mute it! This will enable you to locate the lost individual.)
Your misplaced AirPod will begin to make noise, enabling you to locate it.
If your AirPod is within Bluetooth range, it’s easy. But what if it isn’t?
You can view their last known location on a map while your AirPods are still powered on but are not within Bluetooth range of your phone.
You can use the map to focus your search if they are still at your workplace, the gym, or the park.
There’s also a possibility that it will reconnect once you are back in Bluetooth range, in which case you can use the “Play Sound” function to find it.
An approximate location for your missing AirPod is better than no information at all, even if it doesn’t reconnect.
How to set up Find My for AirPods?
I wanted to describe the procedure for setting up your Find My app because neglecting to set up the Find My app for your AirPods is the greatest way to ensure you’ll have a challenging time finding them:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Click your name.
- Choose “Find My.”
- Select Find My AirPods
- For your AirPods, tap the toggle switch to enable FindMy.
Repeat this procedure for each Apple device you own to ensure that you can always locate your belongings if the event that they are lost or stolen.
Here’s how you can add AirPods to the Find My app:
How to replace one AirPod without purchasing a new set?
There are still plenty of us out there who simply don’t have that type of luck, even though the fact that many AirPods owners can locate their lost earphones.
Before you go searching for a brand-new set of AirPods, you should be aware that if you misplace only one earbud, you don’t need to purchase the full set.
You may purchase a replacement set of earphones (or an AirPods charger) on the Apple website if you lose one or both of yours.
For the basic AirPods and the AirPods Pro, a single earpiece costs between $70 and $90, respectively.
Although it isn’t exactly a cheap fix, it is far preferable to having to purchase a fresh set of AirPods.
What circumstances make the Find My App unsuitable?
The FindMy App has some drawbacks. It’s highly unlikely that you will be able to locate your lost AirPod if you encounter these restrictions.
Some of the Find My App’s drawbacks include the following:
- If your AirPod is dead when you lose it, you can have trouble finding it. The “Last Known Location” might be accessible, but it doesn’t mean it will.
- If your phone’s Bluetooth was switched off before you lost an AirPod, the tracking information won’t be available or will be incomplete, making it exceedingly difficult to locate your AirPod.
- If Find My app isn’t set up, the app won’t help you to find your lost AirPod. This is one of the main drawbacks of the Find My app. You must set up the Find My App on each Apple device in your collection. It’s not activated by default for any of them. If you forget to set it up, your lost AirPod won’t be at all recoverable.
Does AppleCare+ cover the cost of replacing lost or stolen AirPods?
Answer: No, AppleCare+ won’t cover loss or theft unless you’ve activated that extra coverage on your iPhone. Loss/theft coverage isn’t a part of any normal AppleCare plan and is only included as an upgrade with AppleCare+ for iPhones. There won’t be any warranty support from Apple available if you lose a part or all of your AirPods.
What if I lost 1 AirPod?
Answer: You can buy a replacement for a left or right AirPod or the Charging Case. Your replacement will be new. AppleCare+ for Headphones does not cover lost or stolen AirPods.
How much is a single AirPod?
Answer: The average price of a single Airpod replacement is $69 globally. This price may vary slightly according to your location, as well as the policy on your warranty.
Can I use one AirPod if I lost the other?
Answer: Yes, you can. A single AirPod functions just like two AirPods, so as long as you have one AirPod and the Charging Case, you can listen to music, podcasts, and more.
- Apple created the Find My app for mobile devices to track the position of their devices while they are in use. Using this program, you can play a sound to assist you in finding your missing gadget or quickly locating it on a map.
- If your AirPod is still turned on and within Bluetooth range of your mobile device, you may quickly locate it using the FindMy app.
- You can set up the Find My app for AirPods on the settings option of your iPhone.
- If you lose one or both of your AirPods, you can purchase a replacement set (or an AirPods charger) from the Apple website. A single earpiece for the standard AirPods and the AirPods Pro costs between $70 and $90.
- If Find My app isn’t set up, your AirPod is dead when you lose it, or your phone’s Bluetooth was switched off before you lost an AirPod, the Find My app won’t work in these cases.