One of the most frequent events that any AirPod owner may encounter at some point is losing the case.
Anyone who loses their AirPods case might become anxious, especially considering how useless they would be without it.
Apart from charging, you’ll need your AirPods case to reset and pair your AirPods.
Fortunately, you don’t need to purchase a new AirPods case right away.
You can try a few different methods to find your AirPods case. Let’s find out how to find out AirPods cases in different situations!
|Can Your AirPods Case Be Tracked?||Yes! Especially when one or both pods are inside.|
|How to locate the AirPods Case that has the AirPods inside?||If the case has the AirPods inside, you can use the Find My app’s direction feature or iOS 15’s Lost Mode feature to locate your AirPods case.|
|Does Find My track the AirPods Case?||Find My tracks only the AirPods, not the case. So, to find your AirPods location using the Find My App, the AirPods must be inside the case.|
|How to Locate Your AirPods Case Without Pods?||The only way to locate an AirPods case that doesn’t have the pods inside is by going back to your footsteps and checking where you left them.|
|How do I locate my AirPods case on Android?||To locate your AirPods case on Android, you can use your iCloud account. But for that, your AirPods must be registered to your iCloud account.|
Can Your AirPods Case Be Tracked?
It’s simple to locate your Airpods case, especially if one or both pods are inside. By doing this, it will be simpler to find them on Apple’s Find My app. If not, other techniques, like Air Tags, may be useful.
The Find My App only tracks the pods, not the case, so keep that in mind.
The AirPods contain Apple’s custom H1 chips which allow them to be tracked down by the Find My app, but the case doesn’t have these chips.
The AirPods case only features ordinary chips from its manufacturers, which lack advanced technology to enable tracking.
It’s also unable to establish a Bluetooth connection. Therefore, no Bluetooth device from a third party can scan their location to see if they’re present.
Moreover, the AirPods serial number is useless for Apple’s tracking system.
How to Locate the AirPods Case That Has the AirPods Inside?
You should count yourself lucky if you lost your AirPods case along with the pods.
This is because there are several numbers of alternatives to using third-party trackers to find them. That contains:
The Direction feature
The Find My App’s Direction feature is a fantastic resource for finding an AirPods case. This is because it rapidly points you in the direction of where you last left your Airpods case.
However, bear in mind that it just shows you where the AirPods are and not the empty case. Additionally, you need to know if the pods were open or closed before you search.
Your AirPods will send out a signal when they are online if the case is open. Consequently, it’s simple to determine where they are right now.
However, since they are already in charging mode, no signals are released if the case is closed. In this scenario, you can only find the pods’ most recent location online.
Here’s how you should use the Direction feature:
- Start your iPhone’s Find My app.
- On the devices tab, choose your Airpods.
- The last location they were opened or powered on is displayed on a map.
- You can enable Play Sound to make loud audio if you want to find them easily.
- To get a map directing you to their location, click Directions.
The Lost Mode
To aid in the search, the iOS 15 introduced the lost mode. You may track the lost AirPods using both your Apple devices and the network of all iOS devices.
All iOS devices and phones in the network do a comprehensive search when your AirPods disappear and you activate Lost Mode. The AirPods send you a message with their location if they are connected to the network.
Keep in mind that the case isn’t tracked by this mode, just the AirPods. Therefore, having one or both AirPods, in this case, would be useful.
Thankfully, unopened AirPods cases that the network cannot locate may eventually be opened by someone. Therefore, regardless of where you are, they will let you know when they open if you use the Lost Mode.
- To utilize the Lost Mode:
- Launch Locate My app, then select Devices.
- Choose the AirPods from the case for the missing AirPods.
- Click Activate on the Mark as Lost tab.
- Next, select Continue.
- To get in touch with the person who locates the pods, you can enter an email or phone number.
- To finish the procedure, tap Activate at the end.
Does Find My track the AirPods Case?
Your iPhone’s Find My app can be used to locate your Airpods case. To pinpoint its location, though, one AirPod must be in the AirPods case.
Here are the steps for using the Find My app to locate your Airpods case:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Select the Airpods from the list of devices connected to your phone.
- Check to see if your pods are marked with a gray or green light.
The presence of the pods is indicated by a green dot (around 10 meters)
If a grey dot appears in its place, the AirPods case is out of reach or lost.
How to Locate Your AirPods Case Without Pods?
It’s difficult to locate your AirPods if you lose them without the case.
But you can still find them. You should go back and check where you left them. It’s possible that a passerby noticed it and is waiting where you left off. You can show your appreciation by bringing a gift card or coffee.
How do I locate my AirPods case on Android?
On Android, you may look up your misplaced AirPods case using your iCloud account.
Apple can still deliver the most recent information even when the pods are not online since they send signals to nearby Apple devices.
However, if your AirPods aren’t successfully registered to your iCloud account, this method won’t be beneficial.
Log in to the Apple ID website and see whether the AirPods are there to verify this. If not, you can do so by going to the iCloud website on Windows or Android and adding them to the device list.
Use these instructions to find the Airpods on Android if they are linked to an iCloud account:
- Launch your browser on your Windows or Android smartphone.
- Go to your browser and look for Find My, then log into iCloud.
- On the list of devices connected to your iCloud account, pick your Airpods.
- To start playing loud audio on your AirPods so you can hear them, click play sound.
- Turn off any background music to make your search easier.
Can AirPods Be Charged Without a Case?
Answer: Without their case, AirPods cannot be charged. The sole way to charge your Airpods is through the case.
How to Prevent Losing Your AirPods Case?
Answer: Attach a Bluetooth tracker or use a keychain case to protect the AirPods case. You may also use the keychain case combinedly with the Bluetooth tracker to strengthen the security of your AirPods case.
- Your AirPods case can be tracked, and it’ll be easier when one or both pods are inside the case.
- You can use the Direction feature of the Find My app or Lost Mode of iOS 15 to locate the AirPods case that has the AirPods inside.
- Finding My Tracks is not possible without AirPods. The AirPods must be inside the case in order for the Find My App to locate them.
- Only the AirPods can be tracked using Find My, not the AirPods case. The AirPods must be inside the case in order for the Find My App to locate them.
- Going back to your steps and looking where you left them is the only way to find an AirPods case that doesn’t contain the pods.
- Using your iCloud account, you may search for your lost AirPods case on Android. This approach won’t help if your AirPods aren’t properly registered to your iCloud account.