Factory Reset your IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker: The IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker is a good all-round WiFi Speaker. They are great for students in dorms, offices, or even your Apple TV entertainment area. There are probably a ton of second hand IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf speakers on the market. So you’ll need to know how to do a factory reset and have them linked up with your SONOS account. We’ll show you how. IKEA designed the SYMFONISK Bookshelf speaker to either sit on the shelf or be mounted on the wall and be a make-shift shelf.
Factory Reset the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker
- Have the IKEA SYMFONISK Speaker and cable ready to go. Don’t plug it in right away. I know it does not seem intuitive, but you’ll see why in the next few steps.
- You will need the SONOS App (SONOS updated their first App earlier in 2020). You can get it from the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store. Sign in or create your SONOS account.
- Once you sign-in, you’ll need to choose your WiFi and login with your credentials.
- The Sonos app will then ask you whether you want to connect an existing system or ‘connect a new system‘. BEFORE you press ‘connect a new system’, get ready to plug-in your IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker. You’ll need to be ready to hold down the PLAY/PAUSE Button too.
- Hold down the PLAY/PAUSE button, in between the Volume Down and Volume Up Button.
- Then while holding in the PLAY/PAUSE button, plug in the power cable.
- Keep holding the PLAY/PAUSE Button until the light between the Volume Down and PLAY/PAUSE Button flickers Orange. Release the PLAY/PAUSE Button. The light should now flicker blue for a second or so, then turn Green.
- Once the light turns green, the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf speaker has been successfully factory reset.
- You can now press “Connect a New System” on the SONOS app. The SONOS app will then walk through the Setup of the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker.
There you have it, you’ve reset your IKEA SYMFONSIK Bookshelf Speaker. You’ll be able to use the SONOS app to pair them or just listen to your favorite audio streams.
I hope that has helped you. In the meantime, Don’t Hate, Automate.