The IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker is a good all-around WiFi Speaker. They are great for students in dorms, offices, or even your Apple TV entertainment area.
IKEA designed the SYMFONISK Bookshelf speaker to either sit on the shelf or be mounted on the wall and be a makeshift shelf.
There are probably a ton of second-hand IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf speakers on the market. So you’ll need to know how to do a factory reset and have them linked up with your SONOS account.
We’ll show you how!
Factory Reset the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker
- Have the IKEA SYMFONISK Speaker and cable ready to go. Don’t plug it in right away. I know it does not seem intuitive, but you’ll see why in the next few steps.
- You will need the SONOS App (SONOS updated their first App earlier in 2020). You can get it from the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store. Sign in or create your SONOS account.
- Once you sign in, you’ll need to choose your WiFi and log in with your credentials.
- The Sonos app will then ask you whether you want to connect an existing system or ‘connect a new system.’ BEFORE you press ‘connect a new system’, get ready to plug in your IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker. You’ll need to be ready to hold down the PLAY/PAUSE Button too.
- Hold down the PLAY/PAUSE button, in between the Volume Down and Volume Up Button.
- Then while holding in the PLAY/PAUSE button, plug in the power cable.
- Keep holding the PLAY/PAUSE Button until the light between the Volume Down and PLAY/PAUSE Button flickers Orange. Release the PLAY/PAUSE Button. The light should now flicker blue for a second or so, then turn Green.
- Once the light turns green, the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf speaker has been successfully factory reset.
- You can now press “Connect a New System” on the SONOS app. The SONOS app will then walk through the Setup of the IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker.
How do I put my SYMFONISK in pairing mode?
Go to the Sonos app, navigate to “Room settings” and select one of your SYMFONISK speakers. Choose “Create Stereo Pair” and follow the steps.
Bear in mind you need to install two or more SYMFONISK speakers on the same WiFi network.
If you need further help, I have written an article on how to set up the IKEA SYMFONISK bookshelf speaker. Check it out!
Why won’t my SYMFONISK connect?
WiFi connection seems to be the common issue why your SYMFONISK isn’t connecting. So, here are ways to solve it:
- Make sure your speakers are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Restart the WiFi router.
- Connect one of your SYMFONISK speakers to your router using an internet cable.
Pros & Cons of IKEA SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker
|aesthetic design||may not work with Alexa or Google Assistant|
|great Sonos audio|
|compatible with many streaming sources|
There you have it, you’ve reset your IKEA SYMFONSIK Bookshelf Speaker. You’ll be able to use the SONOS app to pair them or just listen to your favorite audio streams.
I hope that has helped you. In the meantime, Don’t Hate, Automate.
If you have questions about smart home automation, feel free to reach out to us!