I just got the Philips Hue Starter Kit, which includes the Philips Hue Button Accessory, with 3 Philips Hue Bulbs, and the Philips Hue Button.
I’m excited to try them out. I noticed right out of the box that I couldn’t get the Philips Hue Button to connect to the Accessory addition page. I’ll show you how I did it in a bit!
Here’s a quick rundown!
- The first thing you need to check is to see if you have the latest version of the Philips Hue App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- You will need your Philips Hue Hub installed on your home’s wired network and plugged in. Once you’ve got the App and turned the Philips Hue Hub on, you can get going on the Philips Hue App.
- You’ll need to go to Accessory settings on the top-right of the page. You’ll see the drop-down menu showing you to add an Accessory.
- This is where you can detect the Philips Hue Smart Button. If you can’t find it, or the Philips Hue Button is ‘Unreachable,’ You now have two methods to begin your reset of the Philips Hue Smart Button Accessory.
- Philips Hue App Reset: In the Philips App, it will suggest that you hold down your Philips Hue Button for 2 seconds. You should see a green led light show up. If you don’t see the light and the app does not show a connection, go on to the next step.
Factory Reset Philips Hue Button
Factory Reset of Philips Hue Button:
If you still can’t get your Philips Hue Button to connect to the Philips Hue Hub, you can do a Factory Reset. This will require a small tool, like a tech screwdriver (flat head).
- Turn your Philips Hue Button upside down and remove the magnet backing. You’ll notice the QR scan code and Philips Hue Button logo. You will also notice the small grey tab marking on the edge of the Philips Hue Button. This is where you need a small flat-edge tool or a tech screwdriver to lift the backing off the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- Insert the flat-edge tool or tech screwdriver into this tab, and gently lift the backing off the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- You will find the coin battery (2032) and a small hole. You will need a pin (usually comes with a Smart Phone) to push the reset button in the small hole.
- Take the pin and push the button for 10 seconds. Philips Hue states that you should see the green led light after holding for 10 seconds. Replace the backing on the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- Go back into the Philips Hue App, and add the Philips Hue Accessory. Press and hold the Philips Hue Smart Button down for 2 seconds. You should see a green led light. The Philips Hue Smart Button should now be recognized by the Philips Hue Bridge and shown as the Smart Hue Button on the Philips App.
You can now enjoy all the awesome settings for the Philips Hue Button. Go have fun with your Philips Hue Smart Button Accessory.
How do I reset my Philips Hue without the app?
It’s pretty easy to rest your Philip Hue bulb with some basic troubleshooting. Resetting to the factory setting can all be done in 10 minutes. Just get your smartphone ready and follow the steps below:
- Go to the Philip Hue app on your mobile device.
- Go to the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen and select the Lights menu.
- Select the bulb that you want to reset.
- Select Delete. You can confirm by selecting Delete Light.
- Look for the + button in the top right corner.
- Find the recently removed bulb by selecting Search. You might need to type the serial number of the bulb in the app.
- Tap Done.
Why is my Philips Hue not connecting?
If your Philip Hue isn’t connecting, here are a few things you should try:
- Make sure the hue bridge is connected to your router directly.
- Lights should be solid on your hue bridge. None of them should be flashing.
The good thing is that most issues with Philips Hue can be solved with simple troubleshooting. Speaking of troubleshooting, I have written an article about Philip Hue’s smart button replacement. Check it out!
Check out the video to know more!
As mentioned, resetting Philip Hue is pretty easy and can be done with some simple troubleshooting skills. You can always look at the manual or check online if you came across resetting issues. Rest assured, it is safe and secured!
Let us know your experience with Philip Hue!