I just got the Philips Hue Starter Kit, which includes the Philips Hue Button Accessory, with 3 Philips Hue Bulbs, and the Philips Hue Button. I’m excited to try them out. I noticed right out of the box that I couldn’t get the Philips Hue Button to connect in the Accessory addition page. I wanted to show you how to do it here on Automatelife.net and Automate Your Life Tutorials.
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
- The first thing you need to check is to see if you have the latest version of the Philips Hue App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- You will need your Philips Hue Hub installed to your home’s wired network and plugged in. Once you’ve got the App and turned the Philips Hue Hub on, you can get going on the Philips Hue App.
- You’ll need to go to Accessory settings on the top-right of the page. You’ll see the drop-down menu showing you to add an Accessory.
- This is where you can detect the Philips Hue Smart Button. If you can’t find it, or the Philips Hue Button is ‘Unreachable,’ You now have two methods to begin your reset of the Philips Hue Smart Button Accessory:
- Philips Hue App Reset: In the Philips App, it will suggest that you hold down your Philips Hue Button for 2 seconds. You should see a green led light show up. If you don’t see the light and the app does not show a connection, go on to the next step.
Factory Reset Philips Hue Button
Factory Reset of Philips Hue Button:
If you still can’t get your Philips Hue Button to connect to the Philips Hue Hub, you can do a Factory Reset. This will require a small tool, like a tech screwdriver (flat head).
- Turn your Philips Hue Button upside down and remove the magnet backing. You’ll notice the QR scan code and Philips Hue Button logo. You will also notice the small grey tab marking on the edge of the Philips Hue Button. This is where you need a small flat-edge tool or a tech screwdriver to lift the backing off the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- Insert the flat-edge tool or tech screwdriver into this tab, and gently lift the backing off the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- You will find the coin battery (2032) and a small hole. You will need a pin (usually comes with a Smart Phone) to push the reset button in the small hole.
- Take the pin and push the button for 10 seconds. Philips Hue states that you should see the green led light after holding for 10 seconds. Replace the backing on the Philips Hue Smart Button.
- Go back into the Philips Hue App, and add the Philips Hue Accessory. Press and hold the Philips Hue Smart Button down for 2 seconds. You should see a green led light. The Philips Hue Smart Button should now be recognized by the Philips Hue Bridge and shown as the Smart Hue Button on the Philips App.
You can now enjoy all the awesome settings for the Philips Hue Button. Go have fun with your Philips Hue Smart Button Accessory.
Tech Screwdriver Set: https://geni.us/yqp1xY (Amazon Affiliate)
Philips Hue White and Color LED Starter Kit with Button: https://geni.us/PhilipsHueColorStarter (Amazon Affiliate)
Philips Hue Smart Button: https://geni.us/PhilipsHueSmartButton (Amazon Affiliate)