Google I/O keynote was a success. They didn’t talk about the new Google hardware we were hoping to see. But they did talk about some of the great machine learning, AI, and new software roll-outs including Android 12. You can download the Android 12 Beta on your Pixel phone right now. Android 12 has a new customizable design that allows you to modify wallpapers and widgets with ease. You can check it out here:
Note: You will need a Pixel 3 or later to get the Android 12 Beta update. The update only works on Pixel phones.
How to install Android 12 Beta to your Pixel phone
- To install the Android 12 Beta on your Pixel 3 phone or newer, you will first need to go to: https://www.google.com/android/beta.
- Next, you’ll need to sign in with your Google account if you have not done so, otherwise, you will not be able to see your eligible Pixel devices.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says, ‘Your Eligible Devices‘. You should see a list of your phones connected to your Google Account. There should be a button for opting in.
- Click Opt-in. You will be shown the terms and conditions to Opt in[to] the Android 12 Beta Program. Please note that this is a Beta program and you may experience some inconvenient results by continuing.
- You will then see a window telling you that your device is enrolled. Click OK. The Android 12 Beta will be pushed to your Pixel device within a few minutes.
- You will find the update notification in Your Settings. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Updates. Once available, continue with updates and begin your Android 12 Beta experience!
Android 12 Beta FAQ
What is the Android 12 Beta program?
The Android 12 Beta program is Google’s way of trying out pre-releases of the newest Android 12 OS. You can test it out and provide feedback to Google prior to launch.
How do you participate in the Android 12 Beta program?
You need to use your Google account to sign into the program and determine your eligible devices.
What happens after you enroll in the Android 12 Beta program?
Once enrolled, you will see updates pushed to your phone to download the Android 12 Beta. You will continue to see pre-release updates throughout the Android 12 release cycle. You should see up to 2 updates per month.
Which Devices are eligible for the Android 12 Beta?
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5
Image Source: Google, Google IO 2021