If you recently purchased an LG TV, then it will certainly take you some time to become familiar with all of the controls and features of the TV. But once you’ve established strong control over all of them, you’ll not face any problems in using your TV.
One such control is changing the input of your TV. Changing the input on your LG TV can be confusing, but if you follow these simple steps, you’ll have it mastered in no time.
Keep in mind that different models of LG TVs have different buttons and control schemes; the process may be slightly different than what I describe here.
However, you should be able to follow these steps and make the adjustments that you need to make in order to change your input on your LG TV. With just a little practice, you’ll be changing inputs like a pro!
|The steps||Brief explanation|
|Step 1: Select Input||If you want to change the input, look at the input button on your TV. If it says Source, you’re in luck! All you have to do is use this button and press up or down until you find the input of your choice.|
|Step 2: Select Source||Type in the Source that you want and press OK. If you don’t know how to spell it, just select List and choose from there.|
|Step 3: Input Source Options||You will see a list of options in the right column. Scroll down until you find the input you want and then click it. The last step is selecting OK which will save your settings.|
How Can You Change The Input On Your LGTV
Step 1: Select Input
If you want to change the input, search for the input button on your TV. If it says Source, you’re fortunate enough! You just have to use this button and scroll up or down until you find your desired input.
If it doesn’t say Source but has two different inputs, like HDMI 1 and HDMI 2, then all you have to do is hold down Source until an Input option pops up in a small window. Then choose whichever one fits your needs.
Step 2: Select Source
Type in the Source that you want and press OK. If you don’t know how to spell it, just select List and choose from there. Once selected, press OK and then move on to Step 4.
Step 3: Input Source Options
You’ll see a number of options in the right column. Move down until you find your desired input, and then click on it.
The last step is selecting OK, which will save your settings. You’re all set! Now, if you ever want to switch back to AV cable, just do the same thing but use AV cable instead of HDMI.
Why Is My Device Not Showing On The List?
There’s nothing more frustrating than opening up the list of inputs and not seeing the one you need there. If you have experienced this, then you might think there’s a problem with your LG TV.
But this isn’t the case. Your TV is probably functioning all right, and the problem is that the device isn’t connected to your TV properly.
So check if the device is connected to the TV properly and whether the device is charged. If it isn’t, then recharge it and plug it in again.
Also, ensure the device is switched on. Now follow the steps again and see if you find the input you need there. If it’s still not showing, you may contact your device’s customer support for help.
How to Rename Inputs
If you’re wondering whether you can rename each input to your own choice, then yes, you can. Renaming inputs makes it easier and faster for you to identify them.
Here’s how you can rename inputs:
- The first step is to obviously turn on your LGTV using a remote or the power button.
- Then locate the inputs button on your remote and press it.
- Once the menu opens, press “all inputs.”
- Then navigate to the input you want to rename and press it.
- Once you do this, you’ll see an option to rename the input on the right side.
- Press It and give the input the name of your choice.
- Once you’re done renaming it return to the home screen.
How to Remove an Input You No Longer Use
So you have a lot of devices connected to your TV, which makes the input screen a lot more confusing and difficult to get through. You can solve this problem by removing devices that you no longer use from the inputs list.
- The first step is to obviously turn on your LG TV using a remote or the power button.
- Then locate the inputs button on your remote and press it.
- Once the menu opens, select the inputs you no longer use.
- Click on Remove.
- Once you have removed them, click on Confirm.
That’s it removing unused devices is as simple as that.
How To Change Inputs Without A Remote
If you’re traveling and don’t have access to a remote or your remote went under your couch, and you can’t find it, then it’s pretty handy to know how to change your TV’s input without needing a remote.
You can do this with the help of the LG thinQ app. Here’s how to set the app up so you can use it on your TV:
- First, download the app from the Appstore or the Google play store, depending on whether you have an Android or iOS device.
- Next, turn on your LG TV using the power button.
- Then launch the app on your device.
- Press the “+” icon and navigate to the home appliances tab.
- Here a list of available devices will appear. Select your LG TV from this list.
- A code will appear on your TV screen. Input this code into your app.
- Lastly, press the “move to the home button” to return to the home screen.
Congratulations! You have now set up your LG thinQ app and are now ready to use it to control your TV.
Now that you have set the app up, using it to change inputs is very simple. All you have to do is tap the input button in the middle of the bottom row on the app’s home screen and then select the desired input.
Why can’t I change the input on my LG TV?
Answer: Try changing the input using your remote and/or the side panel of your TV. If you’re making use of the remote, ensure that the batteries are new. Also, check if all the functions of the remote are working.
If this doesn’t work, then try to turn off the TV and unplug it from the power source for a minute. Also, unplug the HDMI cable that is attached to the TV. Now connect the TV to the energy source, and switch it on. After that, you can try the Input button on the remote or on the panel of your TV.
What is the LG TV’s secret menu?
Answer: Most LG television models include at least one secret service menu with unique features. This menu is hidden from the other menus on your TV because it contains more advanced functions—the kind that can damage your TV if you use them incorrectly!
Why does my LG TV often turn off by itself?
Answer: If the user does not use the TV or remote control for an extended period of time, the TV will be turned off automatically.
To save power, you can also adjust the screen’s brightness or set it to turn off automatically. Your LG TV’s brightness will be affected by the “energy saving” feature.
How many years does an LG TV last?
An LG TV can last up to 7 years.
LG is one of the most reliable and popular TV brands in the world. Most LCD TVs can last, on average, at least four years. With proper care and regular use, your TV may last longer. Surprisingly, TVs that sit idle and unused for several years can degrade even faster.
Who is LG TV made by?
LG is an electronics manufacturer located in South Korea.
It was founded in post-war Korea in 1958 and was originally named Gold Star. In1994, it became LG Electronics. The brand steadily skyrocketed and became the one of the world’s biggest electronics companies, only second to Samsung.
- It’s not a difficult task to change the input on your LG TV.
- The first step is to turn on your LG TV and navigate to the Home Screen.
- Then, navigate to the Inputs menu in the upper right corner using your remote control. A list of all connected devices will now appear. You can now choose the input that you want to use.
- You can also change the input on your TV without a remote using the LG thinQ app. Just download this app on your device, set it up and you’re all set.
- If your device isn’t showing on the TV, check if it’s connected properly. Also, make sure that it is charged and switched on.