Technology has evolved immensely, now you can do things that you didn’t even think were possible. They’re a bunch of TVs that come with Airplay, but in this article, we’ll talk about Airplay on Vizio TVs.
Vizio started building Apple Airplay into their TVs in 2016, which means you no longer need extra streaming devices or cords.
All you have to turn on Airplay on your Vizio TV and press the “Home” button on the remote of your Vizio TV, scroll down to go to “Extras”, then you need to again scroll down until you find Apple Airplay, and click on it. Now, you need to turn on your casting device, open Screen Mirroring from Control Centre, and select the name of your Vizio TV, and you’re in.
In addition, occasionally, you may face certain problems when casting your device via Airplay, it happens due to several reasons, so keep on reading to find out.
Why Is AirPlay Not Working On My Vizio TV?
It’s rather simple and easy to turn on Airplay on Vizio TV, however, you may face some complications along the way, which occur due to several reasons.
If you’re unable to turn on Airplay on your Vizio TV, don’t worry, your TV isn’t broken. You merely have to check some settings, the most common setting to check that might be causing this issue is your network connections.
In order to use Airplay on Vizio TV, you need to make sure that the casting device and your TV are using the same WiFi network, otherwise, it won’t cast.
All the routers come with dual-band radio signals, which provides the ability to connect devices to different networks, that includes 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz network. Now, this may be good as it gives stability and avoid connection problems and interferences.
Nevertheless, it might be the reason you’re unable to cast via Airplay. For example, your TV is connected to, let’s say 2.4 GHz, and your casting device is connected to 5.0 GHz, now this is the reason that you’re having trouble casting.
So, I would suggest you check the network your devices are connected to, it’ll only take a few seconds.
All you have to do to check the WiFi network on your Vizio TV is— go to the “Menu” and scroll down until you find “Network”. Make sure that your Vizio TV is using the same network as your casting device.
How Do You Set Up AirPlay On Vizio TV
Using Airplay is easy and only takes a few seconds to set up. To begin, you should make sure that your Vizio TV and your casting device are on the same WiFi network.
Let’s start with the process of setting up Airplay on your Vizio TV:
- Using the remote of your TV, open the Home page on your Vizio TV.
- Go to Menu.
- Scroll until you find Extras.
- Now, click on OK.
- Scroll down to open Apple Airplay.
- Enable Airplay.
- Now, open your Apple device and swipe up or down to open Control Center.
- There you’ll see a picture in the picture icon, click on it.
- You should be able to see the list of available devices, so find the name of your Vizio TV and click on it.
- All you have to do after that is enter a code and the casting process will begin.
Mind you, not all the models of Vizio TV support Airplay, check out the list below to see which models do support Airplay:
|Vizio TV Models That Support Airplay||Year|
|VIZIO P-Series Quantum X||2019, 2020|
|VIZIO P-Series Quantum||2018, 2019, 2020|
|VIZIO P-Series||2016, 2017, and 2018|
|VIZIO M-Series Quantum||2019, 2020|
|VIZIO M-Series||2016, 2017, and 2018|
|VIZIO E-Series||2016, 2017, and 2018 UHD models|
|VIZIO V-Series||2019, 2020|
|VIZIO D-Series||2018, 2019|
Why Won’t AirPlay Work On My Vizio TV?
If you’re unable to cast your device using Airplay on Vizio TV, even though your Vizio TV model supports Airplay, there may be some issues that you can troubleshoot with Power-Cycle.
To Power-cycle your Vizio TV, all you need to do is, unplug your TV, wait 1 minute, and plug it back in.
Furthermore, I suggest you let your TV breathe for a few minutes when it turns on, if the Power-Cycle is done correctly, it’ll only reboot the settings and nothing will be erased.
Besides that, you should also check your TV for any updates, because software updates are necessary for your device to function properly.
In addition, if none of these fixes worked so far, it’s time to consider factory resetting your Vizio TV, however before you do that, I suggest you try one last fix which is resetting paired devices.
How To Reset Paired Devices On Your Vizio TV?
When you reset paired devices on your Vizio TV, all the devices that were connected will be forgotten, so after you’re done resetting, you’ll have to reconnect your device.
Here’s how you reset paired devices:
- Press the Home button on the remote of your Vizio TV.
- Go to the menu and scroll to find Extras.
- There, click on Apple Airplay.
- Now scroll until you find Reset Paired Devices and click OK/Yes.
Now you should power-cycle your Vizio TV and see if Airplay is working or not, if it isn’t, it’s time to Factory Reset.
How To Factory Reset Vizio TV?
Factory Resets should be the last resort because they’ll erase all the data on your Vizio TV, so if your Airplay isn’t working, it’s time to factory reset.
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Vizio TV using the remote:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to Menu.
- Then open Settings.
- Scroll until you find Reset & Admin.
- There you’ll find “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”.
- Then you’d have to enter a code (By default the code is 0000).
This way your TV will revert all the settings back to factory defaults and erase all the data that has been accumulated.
Factory resets only take a few minutes, after your tv is done resetting, you may now sign in and set up your Vizio TV.
Also, watch this video so that you don’t miss any steps while factory resetting:
How To Factory Reset Vizio TV Without Remote?
Now that you know how to Factory Reset using the remote, however, if you have lost your remote, you can still do it without using the remote.
Here’s how you can access Factory Reset without using your remote:
- Find the Power button on your Vizio TV, the location of this button depends on the model, it may be on the right, left, or at the bottom of your TV.
- Now, turn on your TV and press and hold the Volume Down button which you’ll find with the Power button.
- After a few seconds, your Vizio TV will ask you to press and hold the input button, which will need to be held for 10 seconds.
- Your TV will turn off and will reboot itself and turn on again after a few seconds.
- If your Airplay on your Vizio TV isn’t working, it could be because of the fact that your casting device and your TV aren’t connected to the same network.
- Make sure that both of your devices are connected to the same network before you begin the process of casting using Airplay.
- Furthermore, first, you need to check if your TV model even supports Airplay or not because only a few models of Vizio TV support Airplay.
- If your TV model supports Airplay but isn’t working, then you should consider Power-Cycling it.
- Power-Cycle will not delete any data, it only reboots the settings and troubleshoots minor issues like slow performance.
- If power cycling doesn’t work, it’s time to factory reset, hopefully, it should fix the issue. You can factory reset using your remote as well as without.