May 29, 2020 – There have been a ton of Smart Home News Updates. I’m amazed at the number of ways we can save time and money by integrating all these devices.
I’m just going to walk through some of my experiences in the last month or so. We’ve been generating so much content lately that it’s time to look back and summarize what has happened on automatelife.net
What’s happened over the past month or so at Automatelife.net
- Nick Mueller showed us an Amazing Garden Project with Philips Hue Lighting.
- We witnessed a number of services announce their discontinuation with IFTTT. Subsequently, most of these services (SmartLife, mydlink Home) are giving customers their own way of integrating Smart Home Devices. You can read about it here:
- Witnessed Smart Home Provider, Wink, go from Subscription to Backlash (Twitter Blowup) to No Subscription. That was hard to watch. I didn’t know who to feel bad for – the company for making a decision or the mass number of people affected by the decision.
- Google and Microsoft released their Pixel Buds and Surface Buds – Both look super powerful.
- Our friend and guest writer, Budget Home Automation told us about:
- Starling Hub – The hub that integrates your Nest Products into Apple HomeKit.
- Wyze Band Review – Will tested out the Wyze Band for us on the exercise machine while exclaiming “I’m doing this for science!”. Having fun trying new things out!
- Reviewed the Govee Dreamcolor RGB-IC Strip lighting – Pretty much awesome.
- We also learned that if you can’t get something outside the US, order it from the US and get it shipped using Shipito! You might save a ton of money.
- We also create lots of Videos and Tutorials!
What’s next for Automatelife.net over the next couple of months
I think we’ve created a ton of content for you over this past month or two, and we’re excited to create more content on things that are relevant to you. We’re hoping to work out more opportunities with Smart Home vendors to try out more stuff and share our experiences with you. Check out the article links above to learn more about Home Automation.
Personally, I’m going to start working with Amazon Alexa more. It’s going to be fun. There was also a time when my house was filled with Apple products (a few years back), but with the recent news on Apple Homekit advancements, it would be great to also re-enter Apple’s ecosystem as well. Maybe I’ll just take one step at a time; start with Alexa, then say hi to Siri later. I would like to review and try out more things and share my experience with you. One step at a time. Let’s just keep trying everything, shall we? Let’s see where we end up. It really is going to be fun.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed automatelife.net and all its content. I’m happy to help provide you relevant information. In the meantime, Don’t Hate. Automate. Talk to you soon. Be safe.
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.