I had the chance to get the Govee RGBWW WiFi Led Light Strip in my home over the past month. I have been trying it out in different areas of the home to get the best use of it. This is my first set of Smart Strip LED’s and I’m really excited to try them out. I’m going to do a quick review. This review will cover the H61882C1 model found in the UK as well.
The Govee RGBBWW Strip Lights are just over 6.5 ft long. They hold approximately 144 led lights and have the ability to extend to a number of extensions. So, that means you can keep adding light strips and you will be able to maintain the level of intensity and scene lighting control with one adapter.
You’ll need the Govee Home App to operate the lights. Once you create your own login, you can then integrate with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The lights operate via Bluetooth and WiFi (for Alexa and Google Assistant Integration.
Automate Your Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
I would recommend using Shipito to get products from the US to your home. They have a free membership to start the process to save you time and money.
There are two distinct modes on the controller provided:
- You can have the lights operate on white and different colors in the spectrum,
- Or you can choose one of 16 Million colors. The color temperature range is 2500K to 9000K.
When you select the white and your selected color, the lights will flash based on a certain preset pattern, however, the lights also respond to sound! This is a pretty cool feature. The mic is contained in the controller. You can set the mic sensitivity in the Govee Home App. Very cool feature: Music Mode. So now, I don’t need a sync box or another device to control the response of the lighting. You’ll have it built-in to the Govee LED Light Strip Controller. I gave it a try here. You can see my TikTok video:
These lights operate on a 12V 1A circuit. You can manage the color temperature to change to one of the 16 Million different colors provided and change the brightness any way you like to get the perfect hue for your gaming desk, gaming console, dinner lighting, cabinet display or mantle.
Speaking of changing the lights; the Govee Home App will give you options for certain scenes:
- Movie (marquee lighting)
- Dating (kinda cool lighting in different colors)
- Reading (bright white)
- Bright (BRIGHT)
- Aurora (changes colors ever so slightly over time)
- Candlelight (just the right yellow-orange and slight flicker)
- Energetic (Bright and patterned)
- Romantic (Oh ya, I can dig this – right balance of the purple’s, reds – Just missing some Barry White)
- Gradual (much like how lights should heat up and cool down from time to time – much like the entrance towers at LAX airport).
Govee RGBWW WiFi Light Strip [H61881C1, H61882C2] Likes and Dislikes
What I liked about the Govee H61881C1/H61882C2 Led Light Strip:
- Great colors, bright and powerful lighting. Hands down.
- It comes with a number of strips and clips to mount anywhere (strong stickers, so be sure of placement.
- You add on a large number of strips. I will find out from Govee how many and how you can extend them and add this to the review soon.
- Responds to sound! YESS!! You know there are not that many lights that respond to sound right out of the box. Usually, you need to get a converter or something to get the colors and light bursts to change.
- The Govee Home App is quite easy to use to change colors and scenes. The Button controller is intuitive and easy to use.
- Integration with Alexa and Google Assistant.
What I did not like about the Govee H61881C1/H61882C2 Led Light Strip:
- The Length: 6.5 ft. I know you can get extensions, but I really wanted to decorate my place with more than 6.5 ft of lighting out of the box. I will look for extensions.
- It would have been nice for this product to be Zigbee or Z-Wave compliant.
- No real instructions out of the box. If you wanted to know how you could use the lights, there is not much direction here. But I used my imagination here.
Overall, the Govee Smart LED Strip Lights were something to behold. They were powerful, responsive, and fit really well anywhere I placed them; behind the TV, dining room, office. You can literally place them anywhere. I think if you’re in the market for some ambient lighting, consider adding some Govee Smart LED Strips. They are easy to operate and you don’t really have to worry about them; they just enhance the room.
View this post on Instagram
The Govee Led light strip (H61881C1, H61882C2) review. Review article will be ready for your reading pleasure. It responds to sound – no need for the extra hub or sound controller. Check it out on Automatelife-dot-net or from the link on my profile. Enjoy! . . . . . . #goveehomeapp #goveeled #striplighting #ledstrips @goveeofficial #smarthome #automateyourlife #automatelife #monday #tuesday #lights #colorled #usa #canada #uk #colors #9000 #kelvin #rgb #rgbw #home #lighting #ambiance @automatealan @automatelife #review #smart