Picture in Picture (PIP) is a popular TV feature that enables viewers to watch two programs simultaneously on the same screen.
This feature has become increasingly popular in recent years, as viewers often want to watch multiple programs at the same time, especially during sports events or news broadcasts.
TCL is a leading brand in the TV industry, known for its innovative products and advanced features. If you’re wondering whether TCL TVs have PIP or Picture in Picture, you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll explore the PIP feature in TCL TVs, its benefits, and how to use it. We’ll also suggest some alternatives to TCL TV PIP to help you make an informed decision when buying a TV with the PIP feature. So, let’s dive in!
TCL TV Overview
TCL is a Chinese electronics company that has been in the TV industry since 1981. Over the years, the company has built a strong reputation for producing high-quality TVs that are both affordable and feature-rich.
TCL offers a range of TV models, including LED, QLED, and 4K UHD TVs, with screen sizes ranging from 32 inches to 75 inches. TCL TVs are known for their excellent picture quality, smart features, and user-friendly interface.
They come with advanced technologies such as HDR, Dolby Vision, and Quantum Dot, which enhance the viewing experience. Overall, TCL is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality TV that won’t break the bank.
PIP or Picture in Picture
Picture in Picture (PIP) is a TV feature that allows viewers to watch two programs simultaneously on the same screen.
The primary program is displayed in full-screen mode, while the second program is displayed in a smaller window within the primary program.
This feature is especially useful for sports fans who want to keep an eye on multiple games at the same time or for people who want to watch the news while also catching up on their favorite TV show.
PIP is a feature that has been around for many years and is now available on most modern TVs, including TCL TVs.
Some of the TCL TV models with a PIP feature are as under:
|TCL TV Model||PIP Availability|
TCL TV PIP Features
TCL TVs do come with a PIP feature, which lets users enjoy two different programs at the same time on the same screen.
The PIP feature is available on most TCL TV models and can be accessed through the TV’s settings menu. Two types of PIP modes are available on TCL TVs: the traditional PIP mode and the split-screen mode.
In the traditional PIP mode, the secondary program is displayed in a small window in one corner of the screen. In split-screen mode, the screen is divided into two equal halves, with each program taking up one-half of the screen.
TCL TVs also come with a variety of customization options for the PIP feature, including the ability to change the size and position of the secondary program, as well as the audio source.
Overall, TCL TVs offer a PIP feature that is easy to use and highly customizable.
How to Use PIP on TCL TV
Using the PIP feature on your TCL TV is a great way to enjoy two shows together at one and the same time. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use PIP on TCL TV:
- Press the “Menu” button on your TCL TV remote.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and select “Picture.”
- Scroll down and select “Picture in Picture.”
- Choose between traditional PIP or split-screen mode, depending on your preference.
- Select the program you want to watch in the smaller window (if you’re in traditional PIP mode).
- Use the directional buttons on your remote to adjust the position and size of the smaller window (if you’re in traditional PIP mode).
- Use the “Swap Audio” button on your remote to switch the audio source between the primary and secondary programs.
- To exit PIP mode, press the “PIP” button on your remote or select “Off” in the PIP settings menu.
Tips for Using PIP on TCL TV
Here are some tips for using PIP on your TCL TV:
- Use the PIP feature for sports events to watch multiple games at the same time.
- Adjust the position and size of the smaller window to suit your preferences and viewing comfort.
- Use the “Swap Audio” button to switch between the primary and secondary programs’ audio sources.
- Be aware that using PIP mode may affect the overall picture quality of your TCL TV.
Common Issues with PIP on TCL TV and Their Solutions
Here are some common issues that you may encounter when using PIP on your TCL TV and their solutions:
- The smaller window is too small or too large: Adjust the size of the smaller window using the directional buttons on your remote.
- The audio from the secondary program is not working: Use the “Swap Audio” button on your remote to switch the audio source between the primary and secondary programs.
- The picture quality is poor: PIP mode may affect the overall picture quality of your TCL TV, so try adjusting the picture settings to improve the quality.
Alternatives to TCL TV PIP
While TCL TVs offer a robust PIP feature, there are alternative ways to achieve a similar effect if your TCL TV doesn’t have this feature or if you want more flexibility.
Here are some alternatives to TCL TV PIP:
- Picture-by-Picture (PBP) mode: This feature is available on some high-end monitors and allows you to display two sources side-by-side on the same screen. This is a great option if you’re using your TV as a monitor for your computer or if you have multiple devices connected to your TV.
- Multitasking apps: Many modern streaming devices, such as Roku and Fire TV, have multitasking apps that allow you to split the screen and watch two programs at the same time. This is a great option if you’re using a streaming device with your TCL TV.
- Picture-in-Picture apps: There are several third-party apps available that allow you to watch two programs at the same time on your TV. These apps work by splitting the screen into two windows and displaying the two programs simultaneously.
- Dual monitor setup: If you have a spare monitor lying around, you can connect it to your TCL TV and use it as a secondary display. This is a great option if you want to watch two programs simultaneously and have the flexibility to move each program to a different screen.
Does every TCL TV have PIP?
No, not every TCL TV has PIP. The PIP feature is usually available on TCL TVs with a screen size of 32 inches or larger. If you’re unsure if your TCL TV has PIP, check the user manual or contact TCL customer support.
Can I adjust the size of the PIP window on my TCL TV?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the PIP window on your TCL TV. Most TCL TVs with PIP allow you to adjust the size and position of the PIP window to your liking.
Can I change the channel of the PIP window on my TCL TV?
Yes, you can change the channel of the PIP window on your TCL TV. Simply press the “Swap” button on your remote to switch the main and PIP channels.
Can I watch two different inputs at the same time using PIP on my TCL TV?
Yes, you can watch two different inputs at the same time using PIP on your TCL TV. However, the second input must be connected via HDMI, AV, or Component input.
- TCL TVs are a great option for those looking for a high-quality TV with PIP features. With its intuitive user interface and easy-to-use remote, using PIP on your TCL TV is a breeze.
- Whether you want to watch multiple sports games at the same time or keep an eye on the news while watching your favorite show, TCL TV PIP has you covered.
- However, if your TCL TV doesn’t have PIP or if you’re looking for more flexibility, there are alternative ways to watch two programs at the same time.
- From picture-by-picture mode on high-end monitors to third-party apps and dual monitor setups, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Ultimately, whether you’re using TCL TV PIP or one of these alternative methods, the ability to watch two programs simultaneously is a great way to optimize your viewing experience.
- We hope this guide has helped you understand the PIP features of TCL TVs and provided you with some alternative options to consider.
- So go ahead, try out PIP on your TCL TV, or experiment with one of these alternatives and enjoy your favorite programs like never before!