If you’ve purchased a new Samsung TV, you may be baffled by the fact that there is no port for headphones anywhere on the device.
This could be troublesome, especially if your chosen gaming headphones don’t have a port to which they can connect.
You may be sitting in front of your television right now, perplexed by the same question that we are: do Samsung TVs have a headphone jack?
Although Samsung offers an auxiliary headphone connector with certain of its smart TV models, this feature is often reserved for televisions with 27-inch or smaller screens.
You may utilize headphones with your smart TV in a variety of ways, even if your Samsung television lacks an auxiliary headphone port. You can use these methods to connect headphones or other sorts of audio equipment.
|Samsung TV Model||Headphone Jack?|
As you can see, the majority of Samsung TV models do not have a headphone jack. However, there are a few models, such as the QN55LS03TA, QN65LS03TA, QN43LS03TA, QN32LS03TB, and QN75LS03TA, that do have a headphone jack.
It’s important to check the specifications of your specific Samsung TV model to determine if it has a headphone jack or not.
Now that we don’t have to look for a 3.1 auxiliary port that doesn’t exist, we can learn about some other methods by which headphones can be connected and then move on to something more enjoyable.
Learn How To Use Headphones With Your Samsung TV Even if it Lacks An AUX Port.
If your Samsung TV does not include an auxiliary jack measuring 3.1 millimeters, you have other options for connecting your headphones.
In order to assist you, we have included a list of the options available to you in this section.
Use an Adaptor to Connect Your Headphones to Your TV’s USB Port.
before starting I would like to mention some salient features about using an adaptor to connect your headphones to your TV’s USB port:
- Convenience: Adaptors allow you to connect your headphones to your TV’s USB port without the need for additional wires or equipment. This makes it a convenient option for those who want to watch TV or movies without disturbing others in the room.
- Compatibility: Adaptors are typically designed to work with a wide range of headphones and TV models, making it an easy and reliable option for those who want to connect their headphones to their TV.
- Sound quality: Using an adaptor to connect your headphones to your TV’s USB port can provide better sound quality than using a built-in headphone jack. This is because USB ports are typically capable of delivering higher-quality digital audio signals than analog headphone jacks.
- Improved privacy: Using headphones connected to your TV’s USB port can help maintain privacy while watching TV or movies, as it reduces the risk of disturbing others in the room with loud sounds.
- Versatility: Adaptors can be used for other devices as well, such as computers and gaming consoles, which can increase their overall value and versatility.
The majority of newer Samsung models lack a 3.1mm audio jack; however, the majority of models do contain built-in USB ports, which may be found on the back of the TV near or around the HDMI ports.
Purchasing an adaptor that converts a 3.1mm auxiliary input to a USB port may be the most time- and money-efficient option. You won’t need to buy new headphones if you have this type of adaptor because it allows you to utilize the ones you already have.
To Establish a Wireless Connection, Use Bluetooth.
The majority of contemporary Samsung TV models include the option to connect to other devices, such as wireless headphones, via Bluetooth.
Please be advised that Samsung has said that there is a chance you will experience issues while using this type of connection and that there may be inconsistencies in sound quality or possibly dropped audio, depending on the strength of the connection and the sound settings on your TV.
The following steps should be followed if you want to connect an audio device to your Samsung TV through Bluetooth:
|What to do?||A brief explanation|
|Click on the Menu button||Locate the menu button on your remote to make your choices.|
|Select Your Output||Select Your Sound, Then Select Your Output|
|Go to the Pairing Mode Menu||Activate the headphones and go to the Pairing Mode menu.|
|Choose Bluetooth Speaker List||Choose Bluetooth Speaker List, then select your headphones from the list of options.|
2017-2022 Samsung TVs:
- Use the menu button on your remote to make your choices.
- Select Your Sound, then Select Your Output.
- Activate the headphones and go to the Pairing Mode menu.
- Choose Bluetooth Speaker List, then select your headphones from the list of options.
2016 Samsung TVs:
- Select the Home option, then Settings.
- Now choose the Sound option, and after that, “Expert Settings”.
- Using the Wireless Speaker Manager, make your choices.
- Activate the headphones and go to the Pairing Mode menu.
- Select Bluetooth Audio Devices, then choose the headphones you want to use from the list.
2015 Samsung TVs:
- Choose Menu.
- Select Your Audience.
- Select These Extra Configuration Options.
- Turn on the headphones and go to the Pairing Mode menu.
- After selecting Bluetooth audio, select headphones from the options presented.
2014 Samsung TVs:
- Choose Menu
- Select Sound, then select Speaker Settings.
- Activate the headphones and go to the Pairing Mode menu.
- Select Bluetooth Headphone, then choose from the list of available headphones.
You can also purchase a Bluetooth transmitter to strengthen the connection you’ve made between your wireless devices and your Samsung TV.
While your Samsung TV can only handle one Bluetooth connection at a time, you can strengthen and improve your connection by purchasing these devices at a reasonable cost and putting them directly into your TV. This allows you to connect numerous Bluetooth devices at once.
- Keep your Samsung TV’s firmware up to date: Ensure that your Samsung TV’s firmware is up to date as new updates may include bug fixes and improvements for Bluetooth connectivity.
- Check for interference: Make sure that there are no other devices in the immediate vicinity that may interfere with the Bluetooth signal, such as other Bluetooth devices or Wi-Fi routers.
- Reset your Bluetooth device: If you’re having trouble connecting your Bluetooth device to your Samsung TV, try resetting the Bluetooth device and starting the connection process again.
- Use an outdated Bluetooth device: Using an outdated Bluetooth device may cause connectivity issues or may not be compatible with your Samsung TV.
- Use an outdated Samsung TV: If your Samsung TV is very old, it may not support Bluetooth connectivity. Check the user manual or the Samsung website for compatibility details.
- Leave your Bluetooth device connected to your Samsung TV: Leaving your Bluetooth device connected to your Samsung TV when not in use can drain the device’s battery. Disconnect the Bluetooth device when not in use to conserve battery life.
Alternative Headphone Connection Methods For Your Samsung TV
If you want to listen to audio from your Samsung TV using headphones, you have a few options that do not require a Bluetooth connection or an adaptor. We’ll offer you a summary of the situation in the next paragraph.
You might want to consider buying headphones with a dedicated transmitter. It’s a better choice for people who want to avoid the hassle of reconnecting their headphones every time they wish to use them.
These headphones have been designed to connect to your television without interference from other Bluetooth devices. The sort of instructions given for utilizing the headphones with the specialized transmitter is determined by the headphones purchased.
Another option for connecting your headphones is to use an optical-to-analog converter. However, the results of this type of connection are unlikely to be satisfactory because it was designed for use with sound sources such as speakers and has a tendency to generate very poor sound quality when used with headphones.
Wireless headphone options have become increasingly popular in recent years, and Samsung TVs are no exception to this trend. While some Samsung TVs have a built-in headphone jack, many newer models have eliminated this feature in favor of wireless connectivity options.
Another wireless headphone option for Samsung TVs is Wi-Fi. Some Samsung TV models support Wi-Fi Direct, which allows users to connect wireless headphones directly to the TV using a Wi-Fi network. To use this feature, users must first enable Wi-Fi Direct on their Samsung TV, then connect their headphones to the TV using the TV’s Wi-Fi network.
In addition to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi options, Samsung TVs may also support other wireless headphone technologies such as NFC (near-field communication) or infrared connectivity. However, these options may be less common or limited to specific TV models.
When choosing wireless headphones for use with a Samsung TV, it’s important to consider factors such as range, battery life, and sound quality. Some wireless headphones may have a limited range, which could be an issue in larger rooms or spaces. Battery life is also an important consideration, as some headphones may not last for an entire movie or TV show.
Samsung and Harman Kardon Collaborate to Take TV Audio to the Next Level
Samsung has recently announced a new partnership with Harman Kardon, a leading audio technology company, to bring advanced sound technology to its upcoming TVs. The new partnership will focus on integrating Harman Kardon’s proprietary sound technology into Samsung’s high-end TVs, which will enhance the overall audio experience for viewers.
One of the key features that Samsung and Harman Kardon are working on is the integration of object-tracking sound (OTS) technology into Samsung’s TV lineup.
OTS technology is a cutting-edge audio technology that creates a three-dimensional sound field by tracking the movement of objects on the screen and adjusting the sound accordingly.
This technology provides a more immersive sound experience for viewers, as it can create a sense of space and depth in the audio.
Samsung and Harman Kardon are also working on other audio features, such as improved bass performance and sound optimization for specific types of content, such as movies and sports. The new audio features are expected to be available in Samsung’s upcoming high-end TV models.
Overall, the partnership between Samsung and Harman Kardon promises to deliver an improved audio experience for Samsung TV viewers, with advanced sound technology that provides a more immersive and realistic audio experience.
How should I connect my headphones to my Samsung TV?
Answer: Set the headphones to Bluetooth pairing mode and make sure they can be found. Instructions can be found in the product’s user manual if necessary. Scroll to the Bluetooth audio device list on your TV and choose the headphones to connect with.
Is the Samsung TV equipped with an audio output?
Answer: Your television has many audio input ports for devices like Blu-Ray players and DVD players, as well as audio output ports for equipment like amplifiers.
How should I link wired headphones to my Samsung?
Answer: Connect your device to a USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter, then plug in your headphones. The Samsung USB-C Adapter allows you to connect 3.5mm audio plug devices to USB-C devices. Most electrical outlets, as well as the Samsung website, sell USB-C adapters.
Why doesn’t my Samsung TV have an audio output?
Answer: On your TV, go to Settings, then Support, and finally, Self Diagnosis. Choose Sound Test and wait for it to finish. If the test results in an error, try resetting the sound. From the Settings menu, choose Sound, then Expert Settings, and finally, Reset Sound.
- Nothing irritates us more than trying to use our older gadgets with newer products when we already have the older ones.
- Now that we have an answer to our question about whether or not Samsung TVs have a headphone jack, we are able to put an end to our hunt.
- As you already know, the latest models of Samsung TVs don’t have a headphone port.
- However, there are some options available that you can use to connect your headphone to your TV, even if it lacks a headphone jack.
- You can use an adapter to connect your headphone to your TV’s USB port.
- Moreover, you can also connect your headphones wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- My Airpods Fell Into Water (Do this Immediately!)
- Toshiba TV Won’t Turn On (Complete Guide)
- Hisense TV Won’t Turn On (Fix)
- What Scary Things Can We Ask Alexa? (Detailed)
Online Security and Privacy
It’s never been more important to protect yourself online. Threats are everywhere, and scammers are getting smarter every day.
Whether you’re looking to improve your online security, enjoy more privacy, avoid others tracking you across the internet, or just want to use a streaming service from another country, a VPN can be very useful.
Here are some of the best options (affiliate links)