HomeKit creates a connection between all of the different smart home items so that they may all function in unison.
It enables you to control and manage the smart home gadgets in your house by utilizing the applications that are specifically designed for those goods on your smartphone or computer.
Many customers of Eufy are curious as to whether or not Eufy cameras are compatible with Apple’s HomeKit platform, which is being developed by a number of different firms.
Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit are all compatible with Eufy security cameras. By combining the Eufy camera with the Home app on your smartphone, you will be able to command all of the connected devices in your smart home.
However, the HomeKit integration is only accessible on certain variants of the Eufy camera.
A Eufy camera is an excellent investment if you want to take charge of your own home’s safety but don’t want to empty your financial account in the process.
The Eufy cameras are not only easy on the wallet, but they also do not demand ongoing payments for cloud storage or membership fees.
You will discover how to set up HomeKit for your Eufy camera, what features you can utilize on HomeKit for your Eufy devices, and a great deal more if you continue reading this post.
|Which cameras from Eufy are compatible with Apple’s HomeKit platform?||Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt 2K Indoor Cam 2K|
EufyCam 2/2 Pro
|Which Features Of HomeKit Am I Able To Use For My Eufy Security Devices?||Night Vision|
HomeKit Security Video
Which Cameras From Eufy Are Compatible With Apple’s HomeKit Platform?
There are several Eufy cameras that are suitable for use with Apple’s HomeKit platform. The following are some of them:
- Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt 2K Indoor Cam 2K
- EufyCam 2/2 Pro
- EufyCam 2C
If you are interested in learning more about the Eufy camera’s compatibility options, check out the following article.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s talk about how to set up your Eufy camera on Home Base.
Setup Instructions For Your Eufy Camera Using HomeBase 2
Follow these straightforward instructions on your HomeBase 2 to get the Eufy camera up and running:
- Start HomeBase and ensure that it is connected to the internet before using it. You’ll need to use the Ethernet wire that was included with the Eufycam in order to do this.
- After a minute or so, the HomeBase’s LED indicator will change color to white, indicating that it is now ready for configuration.
- Download the Eufy mobile security app from the App Store or the Google Play Store so that it may be installed on your phone.
- In order to finish the setup, you will need to sign up and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Position your Eufy camera in close proximity to the HomeBase 2 device.
- To sync your Eufycam, press and hold the SYNC button for about two seconds, or until you hear a beep.
- The camera will remain in its current position until it receives a sound wave transmission from the HomeBase 2.
- You will hear a sound wave if you push and hold the SYNC/ALARM OFF button on the HomeBase 2 for an extended period of time. This sound wave should be interpreted as an indication that the HomeBase 2 is now able to communicate with the Eufycam.
- Please be patient as the Eufy security camera needs around 30 seconds to sync. A voice then utters the phrase “Device was successfully attached,” which triggers this action.
You will have successfully set up your Eufy camera on HomeBase 2 after you have completed all of these procedures.
The Step-by-Step Guide To Resetting Your HomeKit-Enabled EufyCam
You are able to reset your EufyCam by following the simple instructions that are listed below:
- To sync the EufyCam 2 Series, press and hold the SYNC button for about ten seconds.
- To perform a reset to factory settings on your HomeBase 2, click the CYCLE hole that is located immediately above the SYNC button on the back of your HomeBase 2.
- When it is finished successfully, you will hear the phrase “HomeBase Resetting.”
- If you are using an indoor EufyCam series, you need to press and hold the SYNC button for ten seconds.
This button is found on the back of your device. When you hear two beeps, this indicates that the device has been reset correctly.
Which Features Of HomeKit Am I Able To Use For My Eufy Security Devices?
You will be able to make use of quite a few of the features of your Eufycam after you have synchronized it with the HomeKit, but not all of them. The HomeKit has a variety of functions, some of which are listed below.
If you have the iOS Home App, you will have the ability to view and take pleasure in the live streaming of video from your Indoor cam.
This is a feature that allows for both color and black-and-white pictures to be obtained throughout the night.
When there is motion detected on your porch, the camera will send you an updated photo every ten seconds. Snapshots will be sent to you.
HomeKit is equipped with four cameras, each of which has a greater quality than the others, making it possible to take better images and movies.
Warning: Taking a screenshot will allow you to get alerts.
The HomeKit also allows Siri on your iPhone, Apple Watch, HomePod, or Mac so that you may manage your indoor cam using voice commands from within the house.
HomeKit Security Video
In addition, you have the ability to personalize video recordings, storage space, choices for file sharing, and a variety of other HomeKit capabilities.
However, if you want to activate the HomeKit on your Eufycam, whether it’s the Eufycam 2 Series, the Indoor Cam 2K Series, or any of the other HomeKit-compatible Eufy cameras, you need to make sure that you follow Apple’s requirements. This is true regardless of whatever Eufycam model you have.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: Is a Eufy Membership Required To Utilise The Service?
Ans: These 4K cameras are powered by the sun and can record locally. They can even train themselves to identify faces without connecting to the cloud.
4K video with perfect clarity. There is no obligation to subscribe. Local storage (16 GB built-in, expandable up to 16 TB).
Q: Does Eufy Provide Free recording?
Ans: The Eufy products are meant to be used on their own as standalone devices for the purpose of performing free self-monitoring.
However, there is the option to subscribe, which grants access to more functions as well as video recording.
Professional monitoring is available with the purchase of Eufy’s Plus Plan for just $9.99 per month or $99.99 for an annual subscription.
Q: Does Eufy Call the Police?
Ans: If you have the Plus Plan, the Eufy staff will be notified whenever your alarm system identifies a potential breach of security.
They will contact you through phone calls or messages sent from a specific support line in order to determine whether or not you need immediate assistance.
If you give the team permission to do so or if you are unable to answer, they will contact emergency responders such as the police department.
- Buying cameras is an excellent investment if you want to take charge of your home’s safety but don’t want to empty your financial account.
- If you are using a Eufycam 2 Series indoor or outdoor camera, you need to press and hold the SYNC button on the HomeBase 2 for ten seconds.
- You will hear a sound wave if you push and hold this button for an extended period of time. When you hear two beeps, this indicates that the device has been reset to factory settings.
- The HomeKit allows you to control and monitor your Eufycam remotely via an app on your iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac, or iPad.
- It also allows Siri to be used to control the cam from within the house using voice commands.