Want to know how to opt out of Amazon Sidewalk? Amazon Sidewalk is now available to share some of your internet capacity with the community around you. The idea is that you will connect to all your Amazon devices further away from your home. However, sharing the internet is one thing, giving it away for free, when it could hamper your internet in your home – well then. You might want to know how to turn off Amazon Sidewalk. We’ll show you how.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.9.5″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.9.5″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.9.5″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.5″ _module_preset=”default”]
So the first thing you need to do is get the Alexa App. Once you are confirmed with your login credentials for Amazon Alexa you’ll need to do the following.
- On your Mobile device, open the Amazon Alexa App.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see: Home, Communicate, Play, Devices, and More. Press More.
- You will then find Settings with a gearwheel icon. Press Settings.
- Then find Account Settings. Press Account Settings.
- You will then see a list of items; Recognized Voices, Guest Connect, Voice Purchasing, Amazon Sidewalk, and Workouts. Select Amazon Sidewalk.
- You will then see what Amazon Sidewalk is all about. There will be a toggle switch on this page to Enable or Disable. Press the Toggle to Disable Amazon Sidewalk. The toggle should have changed to a non-highlighted, greyed-out state.
- Amazon Sidewalk should be disabled.