Summary: If the Fire TV’s indicator light is flashing yellow, it presumably has a connectivity problem. Indicative of your remote being in discovery mode, unpaired, or having a poor connection to the Wi-Fi network, the rate at which the light flashes is crucial.
The first Amazon Fire TV stick was released in November 2014 which is a small dongle plugged into an HDMI port. This became a hit that paved a way for Amazon engineers to create a more sophisticated model with the latest being the Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
Still, there are people having issues with the blinking yellow light. I don’t think it is a cause for concern as long as you know a bit of basic troubleshooting.
Let me show you how to fix the blinking yellow light on your Amazon Fire Stick. Keep reading!
Fire TV Remote Setup
Make sure the TV and the Amazon Fire Stick are switched on and plugged in. To get going, press the Home button.
If the remote is in discovery mode, the indicator light will remain bright yellow at all times.
If at any point throughout the procedure, the light begins flashing red, new batteries must be installed before continuing.
If you haven’t yet finished connecting the devices, a prompt will appear on your TV to do so. To find out whether the matching process is complete, give it up to a minute and a half.
What does the blinking yellow light on my Firestick TV mean?
Problems with the internet connection, low battery, and outdated firmware could be the reason why there is a blinking yellow light on your Firestick TV.
If the yellow light is blinking slowly, it means the device is in discovery mode. On the other hand, if it is blinking rapidly, then that’s another issue and if it blinks red, battery replacement is necessary.
The usual solution to the blinking yellow light on your Firestick TV is to just make sure the device is plugged in and working properly. You can also try resetting Fire Cube or your router to restore the connection.
How to Factory Reset Fire TV Remote
Aside from the very first generation Fire TV remote, all subsequent remotes may be reset in the same fashion.
The following procedures must be followed in order to reset the remote:
- First, turn off the television and wait a full minute before proceeding.
- After waiting for a minute and a half, you may start programming your remote again. To do this, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back keys simultaneously for around 15 seconds.
- Wait a few seconds after you’re done pushing the buttons, and then remove the batteries.
- Turn on the power again and reconnect the television to the wall outlet.
- Press the “home” button on your remote after another minute and a half and put the battery back in.
When using an earlier kind of remote control, there is a certain routine that must be followed before the TV may be turned off.
- Maintain your Home button press for even longer. Put the batteries back in the remote after you’ve pressed the Menu button nine times without releasing your grip.
- The TV should be turned off and left unplugged for a full minute. You may, instead, swap out the remote’s batteries while you wait.
- Once the TV’s home screen has displayed after being plugged back in and turned on, you must press and hold the Home button on the remote control.
- Hold down the Home button for one minute and fifteen seconds. One minute and sixty seconds of additional waiting time are required while the system is being set up.
Modifying Your Fire Cube’s Preferences
It is highly suggested that you restart your device before attempting any reset. Since a factory reset erases all of your data, you’ll need to re-establish all of your custom settings, programs, and passwords.
A Reset of Your Amazon Fire TV Cube May Be Accomplished By:
Press and hold the “Mute” and “Volume Down” buttons until the timer reaches 40 seconds.
There will be a brief blue flash on your Cube after the reset is complete.
If the warning light remains yellow, a factory reset is your best bet. It’s easy to accomplish this using the TV’s menu system.
To return your Fire TV to its factory settings, choose the option in the Settings menu, then go to My Fire TV.
Reset Your Router
- If you have any ethernet cables plugged into your computer, disconnect them first.
- Then, disconnect your Fire TV devices from the wall.
- Turn the Fire TV back on and reconnect the Ethernet connections two minutes later. The router may be reconnected to the web after it has fully booted.
- If you were having trouble connecting your Fire TV to the internet before, you shouldn’t have any more problems after this.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do I Need to Know About Amazon Fire Stick?
Your regular television can be upgraded to a smart TV by adding a media streaming device like the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
You will be able to watch your favorite movies and television shows from popular streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, and Amazon Prime all in one location on a platform that is well-liked and simple to navigate.
Can I Use an Amazon Firestick on a Smart TV?
If your app is compatible with the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, then it will most likely also be compatible with a Smart TV.
On average, 99.9% of Fire TV apps should function properly on Smart TVs. Your Smart TV will be automatically added as a supported device for any apps that you already have in the Appstore.
How Does a Fire Stick Work Without WI-FI?
You will be able to use the application in the same way that you would with a connection, but the only videos that you will have access to are the ones that you have saved locally on your device.
If you download what you need ahead of time, you won’t require an internet connection. You are able to watch your preferred movies and shows on television whenever and wherever you want.
- If the Fire TV’s indicator light is flashing yellow, it presumably has a connectivity problem. Any number of things, including low batteries, might be at blame.
- If you want to make sure your home network is working properly, check your router as well as the other devices. It’s best to start simple and work up to more complicated steps.
- Putting Your Fire TV Remote Back to Its Default Settings is the easiest fix for that blinking yellow light.
Read here to know how to fix an Amazon Firestick without a connection.
- Can Samsung TV Use Zoom? (Workarounds Included)
- Can You Use Your Own Modem With AT&T Internet?
- How to Reset a Samsung TV Remote (Find Out)
Online Security and Privacy
It’s never been more important to protect yourself online. Threats are everywhere, and scammers are getting smarter every day.
Whether you’re looking to improve your online security, enjoy more privacy, avoid others tracking you across the internet, or just want to use a streaming service from another country, a VPN can be very useful.
Here are some of the best options (affiliate links)