The all-new Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Gen, 2021 Release) was out in full force in the recent Amazon Prime Day. With a new 13 MP Camera that uses Auto-framing to adapt display color and stereo speakers, you’re probably going to enjoy setting it up. We’re going to walk you through the setup of the Amazon Echo Show 8.
Automate Your Life Tutorials is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and other Amazon websites.
Amazon Echo Show 8 Setup
Take the Echo Show 8 out of the box and unpackage the smart display and plug it in.
- Language: The Amazon Echo Show 8 will take a few minutes to start up. The first prompt will be for language. Choose the language of your choice.
- WiFi: You will then be asked to connect to your WiFi Network. The Amazon Echo Show 8 works on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi. Select your WiFi Network and enter in your WiFi network credentials with the display keyboard.
- Amazon Account: The Amazon Echo Show 8 will then ask you to login using your Amazon Account (email/phone and password). If you already have the Amazon Alexa App, it might be taken care of. Otherwise, fill in your Amazon Account credentials using the Smart Display keyboard on the Echo Show 8.
- Select Time Zone.
- Assign the Echo Show 8 to a room in your living space (Bedroom, Office, Garage, etc.).
- Wallpaper: Select your Echo Show 8 Wallpaper (Amazon Photos, Seasonal, Nature, Travel, Art, etc.) and press ‘Continue.’
- The Amazon Echo Show 8 should go through its firmware updates. This could take a few minutes.
- After the updates are done, you will see a message saying that your Echo Show 8 will display as a camera in the Amazon Alexa mobile app. You can customize these camera features in the Amazon Alexa App by going to ‘Go to Devices’ > Cameras.
- You will be given a choice to Opt-In to Amazon Sidewalk. You can disable or continue.
How to Opt Out of Amazon Sidewalk